42nd Anthosian "Night Hunters" - Chapter 1 of fluff now up!

Hey folks!

I used to have an account here, but it's long gone. I'm back in the hobby for a bit, and wanted to get some pics of my little plastic guys, and share some fluff. 

I'm going to imbed the fluff and images in a Figma presentation/doc, basically creating a big ol' Codex Supplement. We always enjoy reading background more when it looks like a codex, right? Maybe we can fantasize the Astra Militarum codex is out already. You can access the short fiction and the Codex Supplement via the link tree below. 

Here's the link tree to access the supplement and accompanying short fiction!

Link to the 'gram here

Thanks y'all! 

Page 1.png

Edited by LtColKool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My company commander! Technically a non-GW model with GW bits added, but I really liked it, so here he is! Complete with a tactical rock, or course. 

CC0D54C5-0653-4F3B-9303-00864529F1FD.jpeg

Colonel Doncha Geriod, commander of the 'Raiders', an elite Task Force pulled from the very best of the 42nd Anthosian.

Edit: credit to Reptilian Ovelords for the sculpt

Edited by LtColKool

23 hours ago, duz_ said:

He looks great that's some impressive brush work :thumbsup:

Thank you! I’ve been trying to work on my technique, watching YouTube videos and such, haha. Figured an HQ model was the one to take my time on. 

2 hours ago, Jud Cottrell said:

I love it!

Is it just me or does he remind you of Ukraine’s president (hopefully yours will be as defiant!!!)

image.jpeg.dc3f0593320b4ca8bd53d62d6d48e4cc.jpeg

I believe the sculpt was directly inspired by him! It’s by Reptilian Overlords, and I got him as part of a “Pay What You Can,” with proceeds going to a Ukrainian charity. The sculpt comes with a little heroic scale AK, so I did some hacking and green-stuffing to slip the plasma pistol in. 

Hey all! 

This is part one of a five-part work of short fiction featuring the Raiders, a task force of the 42nd Night Hunters under the venerable Colonel Doncha Geriod! Psykers, gunfights, grimdark gore, and intrigue await! 

Thanks for the long wait. I've put a lot of time and love into writing this, and I hope you all like it! Who knows, maybe I'll time the final chapter with the release of the new Guard codex??? 

Edited by LtColKool

Many different generations of Leman Russ Battle Tanks have been pressed into service over the course of a long Resistance. Some beloved war machines even bear distinctive graffiti. 

FC4358EE-24EF-4D41-9632-B43E2A8DA6D9.thumb.jpeg.9d43bf2fd91c10c0acc1a2080e6ef484.jpegA2BA9B59-7D30-4972-8041-E97AD2A3FEB4.thumb.jpeg.7b392a5664eb6d6292141cccbe4c1cf2.jpeg

OLD Forgeworld resin punisher cannons from the Vulture kit, converted to give a distinct feel to a couple of Russes.