New sentinel rumors

Supposedly it will be getting the cawl treatment

I’d like to see an armored version with two of the same hvy weapons, a -1 damage ability, and a scout version with a normal hvy weapon and either a grenade launcher or hvy stubber with a pop up type ability, either allowing them to hide behind shorter terrain pieces, just effectively work as DE fire and fade type thing.

Is this the same rumour we heard before or something new? What is the "Cawl treatment" anyway, I'm guessing that means guns wherever there's room? :tongue.: I wouldn't mind a new Sentinel kit as long as it was adding options - the current kit isn't bad and is good with builds so it's not something I'd have put high on my list of needs. Maybe a good thing I never got round to adding those extra Sentinels I wanted then...

Is this the same rumour we heard before or something new? What is the "Cawl treatment" anyway, I'm guessing that means guns wherever there's room? :tongue.: I wouldn't mind a new Sentinel kit as long as it was adding options - the current kit isn't bad and is good with builds so it's not something I'd have put high on my list of needs. Maybe a good thing I never got round to adding those extra Sentinels I wanted then...

The Cawl treatment: bigger, more guns, more wounds, and a special rule.

I bought three scout sentinels before that rumor dropped, so the joke is on me, I guess. I think sentinels fill an interesting spot in terms of scout move and mid-/high- Toughness saturation for vehicle heavy pure-Guard builds.

Im not sure what I want it too look like, but I hope they move away from the diesel punk AT-ST look the current models have.

As long as they dont look like the 1st edition Eggs on legs... 

dbec8febc2ffc287e97c31f03652e57f.jpg

I wouldn't mind a new variety of sentinel, but they kinda fill a niche pretty well. The Cawl treatment just makes them dreadnoughts, and we have better weapons platforms. Like LtcolCool said a melee version would be great. The chainsaw on them is worth exactly the 2 points it costs, so something besides the legends powerlifter that can fight and is a tank would be nice. Having that punch with a bullgryn sheildwall would be an interesting change-up than the infantry swarm/tank blitz meta that's come about.

I like the scifi look of the old sentinels, but it really shows how far they've come.

Hoping for a more detailed model, but I hope it retains it's practicality. I love that it's basically either a mobile heavy weapons platform, a light scout walker or a cargo lifter. I don't want Cawl to turn it into a battle suit.

honestly I’m tired of all of the freaking detail on new models.

I don’t need a bunch of tiny wires or tubes to complicate painting, or anything like that.

Give the option of putting a stubber or one of those new grenade launchers opposite the main weapon and I think I’ll be happy.

Edit

Also give them option for either an assault cannon or a heavy bolter, for a primary weapon

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven