Any good lore depictions of baneblades and their variants?

As mentioned, Guy Haley's novels Baneblade and Shadowsword- also has two short stories Stormlord and Iron Harvest that are part of the same general storyline. The Marcharian Crusade trilogy also features a Baneblade's crew as the main characters, if I remember correctly.

Baneblade, by Guy Haley. And I think he wrote a sequel, Shadowsword. I hear they’re both good! I haven’t read either, though.

Also his short story as well, Stormlord. 

From memory the 1st book in the Macharius trilogy follows a Baneblade crew. 

Actually, if you read Baneblade, report back on if it’s worth the read! It’s either that or I read Eisenhorn or Gaunt’s Ghosts again.

If i were you i'd read 'Ghosts' again. But i'm not you, and may be you'll like 'Baneblade'. I don't like Haley's books too many of 'it's a kind of magic' moments (i know, i know, that's the fantasy books about fighting orks in space, but still)

Actually, if you read Baneblade, report back on if it’s worth the read! It’s either that or I read Eisenhorn or Gaunt’s Ghosts again.

If i were you i'd read 'Ghosts' again. But i'm not you, and may be you'll like 'Baneblade'. I don't like Haley's books too many of 'it's a kind of magic' moments (i know, i know, that's the fantasy books about fighting orks in space, but still)
im reading the astorath book now and despite being a huge blood angels fan I can’t stand it lol