The Warcallers - Hunters and Storytellers

Codex Grey

40 minutes ago, Codex Grey said:

More than what is alluded to in the Origins? Or sprinkled somewhere else? I'm a bit cautious about going into too much detail in the Origins.

Maybe in a separate timeline, that shows what the WcII have found about the WcI, so not to make people confused. Could be used to show what sad place the Imperium is with things like:

xxxM38 - the Warcallers fought togheter with the Crimson Axes to protect [type] [planet]. No more data found. The Crimson Axes were listed as lost 092.M39, and [planet]'s records were lost in early M40 during the conflict that had it reclassified as a War World (classification was changed in xxxM40 when it was reclassified as a Frontier World). 

xxxM38 - On the [type] [planet] was the Warcallers part of a victory cermony togheter with the Knights Sanguine and representetives of the [IG regiment], [IG regiment], [IG regiment]. What conflict they were celebrating is unknown, during a administratum shadow war was the documentation highly damaged, only a pictfeed of the cermony was recovered, the  Knights Sanguine had been listed as among the lost when the information was found. Was seen as a great find since it showed the first Warcallers in parade gear and how they differed in actions from other chapters in similar situations.

xxxM39 - A united force of the Warcallers, the Tiger Claws, and [corrupt data] was stopped the forces of [enemy] in the [sub-sector]. The Tyger Claws were listed as lost in c.280.M40, and the [sub-sector] was swallowed by the Screaming Vortex in xxxM40.

xxxM39 - the Warcallers [nr] company fought and lost to the Death Shadows CSM warband and would have been destroyed if it was not for the apperance of the Knights of the Crimson Order  and Sky Sentinels. This led to a dept of honour that the first Warcaller had not paid in due when they were listed as lost, the Knights of the Crimson Order  and Sky Sentinels had little information regarding the first Warcallers when the secund come to visit but accepted that the secund took upon the first dept of honnur to them. (if you go with this would the destruction of the Sky Sentinels by Magnus the Red and his forces likley lead to a oath of vengeance when the Warcallers found out about it. Also, they likely take upon themself to try to trak down and destroy the Death Shadows as an act of inherited vengence.)

1 hour ago, Codex Grey said:

This makes sense. Maybe not a requirement for Epistolary rank, as the discoveries are actually few and far between, but

Was thinking that since you wrote "or other useful information" could it be stuff like an enemy's history and/or true name, coming back with the history and stories of alies they had fought togheter with, copies of other chapters writings, combat report that the chapter did not have, finding out what had happened to a lost battleforce, etc.

----------------------------------------

Feels like the WcII and the Tome Keepers would be great bros

They likely constantly ask any chapter they meet about any mention of the Warcallers in their archives and possibly have a long list of other chapter's fortress-monasteries that they have visited and found out if they know anything, with a longer list of chapters they have not visited.

Possibly do they send out Seeker Squads to the homeworlds of lost/destroyed chapters that they know/suspect could have interacted with the first Warcallers. Or if they are near a lost/destroyed chapter's homeworld, just use the oportunity to take a look around to see if they can find anything. This could also be somethign they do to keep the story of those lost alive. If they do this could =][= minoris Ordo Foramennigrum (just to be clear its a fanmade one) take in interest in them (likley of the "don't stick your nose into things you don't have anything to do with" kind followed by a "begon").

• 6 months later...

I have filled in the missing pieces, adding some more details about the tribes and the Chapter, as well as adding the missing geneseed section.

I think my plan was to write more about the geneseed, but it's been a while since I last thought about it and I don't think it needs much more.

Also added a flavor text box describing Seeker Squad activity, placed in the Organization section. Maybe it should be placed at the bottom, idk.

I also settled on names for the Homeworld and home region, Ortus and Caligo respectively.

EDIT: I need quotes for each section of the article, but I'm drawing blanks. What ideas and perspectives can I portray through these quotes? Speaches, teachings, etc? Dialogue is not my strong suit.

Edited by Codex Grey