Obsec Exalted Sorcerer shenanigans

Thinking of a way to see more play for Cults other than Time & Duplicity.

Cult of Scheming gives a WL trait that gives Obsec to all Cult units within 3" - nothing stipulating this can't include the bearer.

Put on an Exalted Sorcerer with Temporal Surge and the relic disc and you can reliably threaten a lot of objectives! 

Alternatively have him babysit 5 Spawn with 4++ and it becomes a beefier but less mobile assault force. 

Also, am I reading the relic disc right. If you charge, you can consolidate 6" away from enemy models, so they can't even fight back? This seems mad!

Also, am I reading the relic disc right. If you charge, you can consolidate 6" away from enemy models, so they can't even fight back? This seems mad!

That's the way I understand it too, and yep, it seems far too good to be true...

Well I like the idea of having this guy and 5 Spawn with a 4++ being Temporal Surged into places your opponent doesn't expect. A reasonably reliable 21" threat range from the Spawn. You'll need to use the range Cabal ritual to ensure Surge goes off if the Sorcerer advances to keep in pace.

And if the 4++ fails, they still have the 5++ for simply being in the army.

Doesn't apply to Spawn sadly as they don't have the Arcana Astartes keyword. So they really do need that 4++.

Right, forgot about that...