Rule Question Creed Warlordtrait and Tank Ace Trait.

domsto

I aslo posted this Question in my Armylist but i thing the Question will be answer fast in this Thread

So talking about Creed

when i would make Creed my Warlord, what i am thinking of doing for the two extra CP which are very valuable for Guard in this Edition, according to the Codex he has to be given the Cadia Warlord Trait, but according to The Greater Good you can pass over giving your Warlord a Warlordtrait for a Tank Ace trait. So what triggers how?

Does the Codex overwrite the PA Book or the other way around?

I can see arguments for both.

Sadly i can't find any FAQ talking about this.

Creed's rule says that if he is your warlored, he HAS to take that trait. So he does not get the option of not taking an trait.

Which means you can't use a second ace trait in that list, as you choose a WL-trait. Whether you picked it voluntarily or were forced to doesn't really matter for that. :)

Same for any other named character with a fixed trait.

I’d have to go digging, but I believe there is (or was) a ruling stating that the “this character must be your warlord” -type rules supersede all other rules. Otherwise there’d be all kinds of shenanigans with rules interactions like that.

Basically the special character goodies are locked behind the warlord tax, no matter how you stack it.

Best you can do right now is run Creed not as the warlord, run a platoon commander as the warlord but forgo the trait so you can take a second tank ace. Then suicide your platoon commander, use the battlefield promotion cadian stratagem to make creed your warlord. Immediately collect your two CP from Creed’s data sheet ability RAW, net gain of 1 CP after stratagem cost.

Best you can do right now is run Creed not as the warlord, run a platoon commander as the warlord but forgo the trait so you can take a second tank ace. Then suicide your platoon commander, use the battlefield promotion cadian stratagem to make creed your warlord. Immediately collect your two CP from Creed’s data sheet ability RAW, net gain of 1 CP after stratagem cost.

Lord, those are some straight shenanigans. I would side eye my opponent suuuper hard if they did that at a tourney. Like, that’s technically legal, but also emblematic of rules bloat, haha.