Dreadblade in DG armies

Plague _Lord

Knight leaks are comming in and it seems we will be able to take a super heavy detachment without breaking army rules - so we get to take knight and still have contagions.

This seems great tbh - it gives us some extra options for range antitank and war dogs are pretty solid overall. I'd rather have a war dog than an overcosted helbrute and wardogs with thermal spears are much better than MBH for the same cost.

I'm not a knight player though so don't know much more... will you play chaos knights with your Deathguard?

Very cool rule, though maybe not for me, yet. I like knights and like deathguard and have both, but the knights, for me, have a much different ascetic to the Deathguard. Some people have done DG conversions which look amazing, but I suck at painting and converting, even if I like doing both, and a knight model is just so daunting to think about converting to match the DG, for me.

That said, they are cool looking models, and they are likely going to be very strong. I guess the hardest part will be finding room for them, points wise, given how expensive on points Deathguard are already.

Edited by Marshall Mittens

Very exciting if true, as it gives us some new options to toy around with.  I will be extremely disappointed if Nurgle Daemons don't have a similar rule.

@Mittens - I did a simple kit bash b/w the Armiger and Bloat drone, and am very happy with the results.  It fits it very well with the aesthetic of my Death Guard forces.  

I'd much more rather to be allowed to ally with daemons without losing any rules but at least this hopefully means they will fo so for daemons when they finally get acknowledged by GW. Never really liked knights but at least we will have some better firepower to help our army against the more powerful ones

• 4 weeks later...
I will probably use my Knight Desecrator, not only for the newly revised and much improved Laser Destructor whichisa weapon that would be greatly appreciatedby Death Guard, but also because it's the main character of my House Makabius force.

3 obsec wardogs with ramshackle bonds(-1dmg against S7-) may make sense. Give us more obsec tools and don't show obvious flaw for opponent shooting.

I don't think -1dmg against S7 is worth it. I'd rather go with the trait that let's wardogs get buffs in exchange for MWs. +1 to wound on the autocannon dogs is a huge boost and +3'' move on an obsec unit can be vital to winning a game.

With MBH being a huge dissapointment for me on the offensive spectrum I think I'd rather have a few War Dogs. I'm thinking either the autocannon variant to have some obsec on home objectives or the stalker variant to attack the midfield.

I'm gonna be trying out 3 brigand wardogs to back up 2 blightlord bricks.  In my head, it sounds great: some high volume firepower to put into big units and longer range meltas, plus the obsec will be great to steal obj on missions with sticky obj.

Seems cool but maybe not for me. It would be cool if when the Chaos Daemon codex comes out it has a similar rule and let's us take a patrol detatchment and not break the mono bonus.

On the CSM thread, we're seeing that this will be the case for them, so it's sounding more and more likely we can take some Nurgle Daemons.

I'm seeing a rumour from a pretty confident source (they're pushing out a lot of playtester claims/rumours) that CSM will have the ability to take up to 25% of Daemons in an army, without breaking army rules. AND they can be in the same detachment supposedly

Can confirm that is true

This was brought up in the main CSM thread but Chris latter clarified that it was not the same Detatchment (which makes sense). If the rules are from the chaos Daemon codex then I see no reason why DG would not be able to take the nurgle stuff. But if it is in the chaos marine codex and nothing is in the Daemon codex, we might have to wait for another edition.

Seems cool but maybe not for me. It would be cool if when the Chaos Daemon codex comes out it has a similar rule and let's us take a patrol detatchment and not break the mono bonus.

On the CSM thread, we're seeing that this will be the case for them, so it's sounding more and more likely we can take some Nurgle Daemons.
It depends on whether GW have new daemon model kits in that release, which they want to push to non-daemon chaos players. Obviously they are pushing the new wardog kit now.

If they think "we'd better just make DG player buying more DG models", then we will see rules like "Epidemius only tally from unit with Nurgle daemon FACTION keyword".

I will probably use my Knight Desecrator, not only for the newly revised and much improved Laser Destructor whichisa weapon that would be greatly appreciatedby Death Guard, but also because it's the main character of my House Makabius force.

If I had your Chaos Knights I wouldn't be allying one of them into anything, I'd want to use all of them at once.

It depends on whether GW have new daemon model kits in that release, which they want to push to non-daemon chaos players. Obviously they are pushing the new wardog kit now.

If they think "we'd better just make DG player buying more DG models", then we will see rules like "Epidemius only tally from unit with Nurgle daemon FACTION keyword".

I wouldn't be surprised to see an errata if enough DG and TS players complain about not being able to take Daemons while other Legions can.

They weren't selling new Harlequins or Guardsmen when Eldar and Genestealer Cults got their 25% ally rules.

Well yeah, there's that too. I do have a full Knight army and then some and also PO'd the new box. I'd really like to play a massive game with my Death Guard, House Makabius and Nurgle Daemons but holy moly that would be a weekend endeavor. In the meantime, if I want to do any alliance without breaking my Keywords then a single Knight is my only option.

• 7 months later...

Version updated. Detachment cp tax is gone. DG players don't need to pay 3cp when taking CK allies(same for daemon ally) anymore. 

Not fan of them since they have no synergy with DG secondary missions, and their raw power is not unnegelible attractive,not pre-nerf Tzeentch flamers level broken. But if you like that way, you can play in that way much more comfortable now.