Hello

Hey everyone, brand new player here. Been a huge fan of the lore for years and finally made the jump and bought the recruit edition and started trying to paint some. I'll hopefully have a WIP thread up soon, but I am loving it so far and I can definitely see an improvement in every single mini I complete. 

As I said, I am currently working through the recruit edition box, I started with the marines and having been painting them as Atlantian Spears, and once they are complete I will move onto my Necrons and haven't decided on a dynasty yet. Once I finish these and run through thee tutorial battles with them I am planning on picking up a Space Marine Combat Patrol and getting a much bigger Atlantian Spear army going. 

I will try to post when I can, between working nights and having a 2 year old it's hard to find the time lol, it's taken me a week to get 4 marines painted.

Hey welcome!

Always operate at your pace, it's what keeps you interested long term in the hobby and not feel burnt out. I know thats a novel ADB wrote recently, but other than that I'm not very knowledgeable on that chapter. That being said if they tend to use a lot of power spears or tridents, you can always find some third party bits to use on your marines ... websites such as Shapeways, or Kromlech? I collect Blood Angels and Dark Angels and I've found a few chapter-specific third-party bits now and then I use for them.

Keep it chill and enjoy the hobby!

Hey welcome!

Always operate at your pace, it's what keeps you interested long term in the hobby and not feel burnt out. I know thats a novel ADB wrote recently, but other than that I'm not very knowledgeable on that chapter. That being said if they tend to use a lot of power spears or tridents, you can always find some third party bits to use on your marines ... websites such as Shapeways, or Kromlech? I collect Blood Angels and Dark Angels and I've found a few chapter-specific third-party bits now and then I use for them.

Keep it chill and enjoy the hobby!

I didn't know there was a novel about them, I will need to look into that! I actually decided on them accidentally. I was attempting to make Space Sharks but my attempt to mix silver and teal to produce an ocean tinged green gray was a failure and I accidentally made them neon teal lol. So I was looking at them and they gave off nautical vibes so I thought about trying to go with a sort of nautical home world ocean based Chapter and a quick google search led me to the Atlantian Spears, who ironically had a very similar color scheme to the ones I accidentally created lol. So I\m just sort of rolling with it at this point, I was looking at Kromlech for some chain spears to replace the swords with!

Welcome!

ADB wrote about the Emperor's Spears, an Ultramarine successor, not the Atlantian Spears. Just so you don't go crazy looking for that one. ;)

There is some info about them in the current Blood Angels Codex Supplement, a few White Dwarf articles and one of the Octarius campaign books.

Edited by gorg_graggel