Custodes FAQ Dataslate

In general I don't really like the AoC rule. It feels kinda just like a lazy patch and haphazardly implemented. It may be important for highly competitive matchedplay/tournament games (I don't have perspective on that), but in my narrative/crusade experience codex marines have been feeling strong.

It does feel like the sisters of silence ought to have it if sisters of battle get it since they'll share the same weaknesses but maybe there's nuance I'm missing for why SoS don't get it?

Seems like it would make custodes units heavy handed to play against if they had AoC, but I shudder to think of how a Custodes vs an army like Death Guard will go in the post AoC world.

Well Sisters of Silence dont wear power armour and GW hates them, so i guess thats why? :P My main point is, every single rhino variant gets AoC except the null maiden ones, and its especially galling now its expanded to any old Guard light vehicle, some of which are reeeeally light.

7 hours ago, sairence said:

They just left them out because they're not the main focus of the Talons and have little impact on the competitive meta. I'd be surprised if there was any fluff reason beyond that.

Nothing to do with fluff, just incompetence and inconsistencies. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got to play against new Emperor's Children tonight using armor of contempt, that rule sucks. I play marines too so I'm not just on the offensive end of it, but this rule makes me feel like I'm playing in the "calvinball" era of 7th edition and kills my excitement for the game.