TCC’s Space Marines - Blood Angels

TCC

Hey, new to this area (spend most my time in the Imperial Guard section), but I have a Blood Angel army that I have been collecting and painting over COVID, it’s just over 2000pts so I decided to give them a try out in combat (their first time) against the new nids codex - it was over by turn two, lots and lots of mortal wounds killed of my terminators and dreadnought. Anyway, it was fun.

xywjfGw.jpg

uXN66h8.jpg

zQ6n6Hv.jpg

Jk8jndz.jpg

Welcome to the Blood Angel's side of this forum! Blood for the Blood Emperor! Skulls for the Golden Throne!

Glad to see you enjoyed the game, that means you're playing the army right!

Oooh I really like those plastic circles around the objectives!

Seconded! Are they an indicator for being in scoring distance? I might need to get someting like that.

Welcome to the Blood Angel's side of this forum! Blood for the Blood Emperor! Skulls for the Golden Throne!

Glad to see you enjoyed the game, that means you're playing the army right!

Oooh I really like those plastic circles around the objectives!

Seconded! Are they an indicator for being in scoring distance? I might need to get someting like that.

they do mark the area for being in range of the objective - I bought them from Amazon - it makes playing the objective easy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09MYC9GL6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_97XA21N08J96TNAGKYYE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by TCC

• 4 weeks later...

Loving those bases! Also the scripture on the cloths and seals - must be some good read :thumbsup: 

If only those barrels were <cough> less clogged <cough, cough> :wink:

ha about the barrels, shame GW opt for cheap tooling without any sliders that could mould them in. I’m loathed to get the drill out, because if I do it and they are not perfectly centred I would be even more annoyed.

I would recommend the Army Painter hand drill if you need to get one? I've used an ancient one I had from 1990, the GW one, and now the AP one. The latter proved the best of the three and my barrel holes have gotten better vs using the others? .. lol or it could be more practice? ;)

Mark the places with a pin first. If right, deepen them a bit - helps a ton and drill will not go sideways so easily.
A good tool as Helias Tancred suggests also goes a long way in making the job done right

• 2 weeks later...

I find the use of pcb drills by hand useful to locate centres. They also can be used to hand drill metal to create holes for pinning (remember to periodically reverse to clear the cuttings as if they jam and snap there almost impossible to remove).

• 1 month later...

Some of the other units that are painted.

Smash Captain (kit bashed using a cloak from a terminator captain, sanguinary torso, death company bits and a terminator shield). 

QE8SoY3.jpg

nZnhciG.jpg

Lieutenant kit bashed to look old school

hLdfcij.jpg

VATFK2o.jpg

and a few other units 

C7bR63c.jpg

VaukSmF.jpg

9AoMFZH.jpg

ended up adding magnets into the base and therefore covered the base to hide them (all my units I need to transport have magnets in the bases and I use the really useful box with magnetic strips to hold the minis in place - I find it works well and is very quick to pack away).

lwJ8Niw.jpg

cpMwhyD.jpg

51 minutes ago, Majkhel said:

I really dig that Lieutenant :biggrin: Well done. I think I'll need to make one Primarisized one day.
You missed a mold line on his plasma pistol arm though :wink:

Good spot, might have to go back and fix that. My painting and modelling skills (and standards) have come along from when I painted this guys - 1.5 years back, there is more I’m sure I could touch up. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Played a competitive new chaos list, it was very tough and the fight on death army wide rule really gave them an advantage. 
Dante models first outing and he killed two key characters, the demon prince was killed by fight after death so Dante sacrificed himself. It was a fun game and I felt like I played the objectives as well as I could with the army I had.

gjnyKaT.jpg

ygSHS9q.jpg

JYgnS3f.jpg

• 2 months later...