Starting GK new 1000 pt based off combat patrol

Brother Quinn

Hello all.  I'm looking to finally getting into GK like I've wanted to for a long time.  I'm going off the combat patrol box with some extras for my first 1000 points into them.  Tell me what you think if anything is missing or something else I should consider.  I don't really have a "plan" so to speak.

HQ

Brotherhood Librarian [110 pts]

Warlord: Psychic Epitome

Relic: Cuirass of Sacrifice

Powers: Purifying Flame, Vortex of Doom

Weapons: SB and Nemesis Sword

GM in Nemesis Dreadknight [245 pts]

Powers: Gate of Infinity, Empyric Amplification

Weapons: Greatsword, H. Psilencer, H. Psycannon

Options: Teleporter, Servant of the Throne

Troops

10 Grey Knight Terminators [400 pts]

Weapons: 9 halberds and 1 stave, Stormbolters

5 Grey Knight Strike Marines [110  pts]

Weapons: 5 Nemesis Swords and Stormbolters

Fast Attack

5 Grey Knight Interceptors [130 pts]

Weapons: 5 Halberds and Stormbolters

Brotherhood: Prescient Brethren

995/1000 pts

6 CP

Looks good as a start point for me only slight changes. I would get rid of the relic on the librarian. And put it on the GMNDK. Give him the sigil of exigence. I would also consider paying the cp to give the GMNDK the warlord trait unyeilding anvil. I would also consider taking 2 units of terminators rather than 1 big one

Looks good as a start point for me only slight changes. I would get rid of the relic on the librarian. And put it on the GMNDK. Give him the sigil of exigence. I would also consider paying the cp to give the GMNDK the warlord trait unyeilding anvil. I would also consider taking 2 units of terminators rather than 1 big one

Okay, great.  All seem like reasonable and good changes.  That makes the GMNDK pretty slippery.  Are daemonhammer worth investing into at some point?  I plan to magnetize the terminators at least I think.

For dreadknights I think swords are better for infantry it generally not something I would plan for but if I had a spare couple of points I would put one on a squad leader. Otherwise the only place o would consider putting them is on some paladins.

Yeah makes the grand master very survivable which is good because he can put a lot of work in.

Yeah this looks quite good with the changes mentioned above - i.e. Sigil of Exigence on the Grand Master.

Regarding hammers, yeah I'd only put them on things with 2+ WS. Honestly even then I kind of prefer regular weapons on my big brick of Paladins, as 10 points per model can add up fast and IMO paladins are more valuable for their tankiness than their ability to melee super hard targets to death. I don't think the hammer on the Grand Master NDK is the worst thing in the world actually, but the sword is meaningfully better enough for so much less that it's a really, really tough sell. TBH it's probably the best use of 5 points in the army IMO, so it's really hard to imagine dropping it.

One thing I'd think about is going to 9 Terminators and adding a squad of Servitors, as they can deal with holding your backfield objective while freeing up your knights to do the fighting. I'd put the other 10 points into special weapons for the Terminators or something similar - I kind of like Incinerators on my big Paladin block, as they don't give up a melee weapon but might help deter charging opponents. Other than that, honestly I really like this! That Terminator block is going to be flat out hard to deal with for a lot of people at 1K, and Interceptors are great at small points values. Good luck out there!

@ScrapKnight - I appreciate the added input!

Actually mulling over the codex and some lists in addition to AoC, i've started to formulate a 2k list that I want to try.  I've changed the 1k list that would build towards that main goal.

Prescient Brethren

52 PL/ 1000 pts

6 CP

HQ

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [225 pts]

1. Empyric Amplification 2. Vortex of Doom

Warlord: Hammer of Righteousness

Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Greatsword, Teleporter, Sigil of Exigence

Librarian [110 pts]

1. Gate of Infinity 2. Warp Shaping

Nemesis Force Sword/Stormbolter

Troops

5 Brotherhood Terminators [200 pts]

5 Halberds/Stormbolters

5 Strike Marines [110 pts]

5 Swords/Stormbolters

5 Strike Marines [110 pts]

5 Swords/Stormbolters

Elites

5 Paladins [245 pts]

1. Hammerhand 2. Armoured Resilience

5 Swords/3 Stormbolters and 2 Psycannons

Can I ask why you decided not to go with the nuke librarian? It is a strong choice, even without the Sigil to help keep him alive. Heck, I find that the Sigil as a trick doesn't work that often because savy enemy players will simply charge him without shooting once they know what Sigil does. 

I wanted him to be able to Warp Shape to tide of Convergence and figured may as well make him have Gate for the Paladins as well; to better lend into the GM and Paladin Psycannons along with Empyric Amplification (plus MW in combats).  I thought about Sanctuary but thought that may not be as useful as it once was instead of Gate.

Edited by Brother Quinn

Nice little changes. If I had to make some tweaks. I would swap vortex for warp shaping on the GMNDK. Then make the librarian a nuke librarian. I would also drop the 2 psycannon on the paladins (ap -1 is not good enough).then with the spare points change a strike squad to an interceptor squad. This will all fit in a patrol. May also be worth considering an apothecary they really make terminators and paladins tougher though maybe too much for 1k points