Role for Invictor Warsuit / Redemptor in RG?

infyrana

As I flitter back to slowly building up my Primaris models and casually browse the JoyToy thread and see that big-kid-sized Invictor warsuit, I find myself wondering why I have not yet purchased one of these to add my other Phobos units and double ETB Redemptors.

Are the Invictor Warsuits still viable in Raven Guard?  If you run them without the Redemptors or other vehicles, I'm guessing 2 would be better, but would a single one have a place beside two Redemptors?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The flamer is instead of the Twin Ironhail autocannon, personally I would go for that over the Incendium cannon because of the S9 and the 3 damage.  Gives it more power against tougher stuff like elite infantry and lighter vehicles.  S9 and twin linked which means you can re-roll the wound rolls. 

The flamer is decent for overwatch but with special skill of being able to shoot when someone shoots a nearby phobos unit there are probably other better units to use overwatch on as if you keep the Invictor close to a phobos unit then you will essentially get that shooting in your opponents turn out of it, so could overwatch something else and get two units to shoot in your opponents turn. 

While both are viable, I like the twin autocannon better for a generic build for one reason: range.  36" is it's own reward. It also synergizes better with the Invictor's innate ability to provide covering fire for nearby Phobos units.  It can't reliably do this with a 12" primary weapon as it's too easy for the enemy to shoot the other phobos units from outside that range.

That being said, if you don't intend to use it this way, you can go for the incendium cannon.

Another build you could do is the Phobos unit you intend to protect with a Phobos libby, so they can only be shot from 12" away, then keep the invictor close bye ready to open up with the Incedium cannon.  

But without the ability to Scout or Infiltrate, I just think the Incendium cannon is too short range.  I suppose you could also strategic reserve it and bring it on in subsequent rounds to get close, but there are, generally speaking, other units I want to spend my Strategic Reserve alottment on.

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum