(Terminator) Armor of Contempt - 2K Prescient Bretheren

Scrapknight

Hello! As a recent initiate to the Halls of Titan I've been having a blast playing Grey Knights so far. This is a similar list to my last one, but leaning into the awesome Armor of Contempt buff. As Dreadknights are relatively weaker and Terminators are relatively stronger (and fielding Terminators is just a fun and fluffy thing to do,) I figured I'd adjust my list accordingly and see what you all think!

I just got Castellan Crowe and, besides the fact that he looks really cool, realized he can actually do a decent impression of the classic mortal wound bomb librarian if he wants to. He saves a CP (kind of, as if you deep strike him he'll also need to pay for an additional cast) and lacks Psychic Epitome, but in exchange if he's casting Purifying Flame on +1 and 3d6 drop the lowest, he can likely make up for it with extra mortals on Purifying Flame. Plus if he actually gets into the enemy lines, he can cause even more havoc. I'm not honestly totally sure if all this is the correct distribution of psychic powers, but I tend to find that my Grandmaster usually wants to Empyric Amplification more than he wants to Vortex, so this seems OK to me. I'm open to just using the classic librarian, but thought he'd be worth a shot.

My general battle plan is to use servitors to hold the backfield (now more viable with the indirect nerfs and them getting Armor of Contempt, if the enemy wants to kill them they'll usually have to commit something now, which is fine by me), Paladins to hold the midfield, the 5-man Terminator squad as a flex slot to either help with the backfield or shore up a central objective with a lot of tough obsec, and let the rest of the army take the fight to the opponent and find angles. Figuring to combat squad 1 of my interceptor squads and leave the other as a massive hammer with Words of Power + Tide of Convergence. Secondaries are probably looking like Engage on all Fronts, Purifying Ritual (or Psychic Interrogation if that seems easier,) and Stranglehold or something opponent-specific. Usually start in Tide of Shadows, possibly switch to Celerity if I'm going all in with Crowe and/or a long Interceptor charge, then Convergence for the rest of the game.

My local meta is quite diverse - I've fought basically every army in the game except Guard at least once - so this is designed to take all comers. Tyranids and Eldar are just flat-out nasty atm and we do have several players of both, so if I spec to beating / surviving against anything it'd be them, but keeping things as general as possible would be good.

Hope all that's helpful with providing advice, so without further ado, here you are! Thanks for reading!

--

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [112 PL, 10CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Brotherhood: Prescient Brethren

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ +

Brotherhood Chaplain [6 PL, -1CP, 110pts]: 1. Words of Power, 5: Warp Shaping, Divination, Shield of Humanity

Castellan Crowe [5 PL, 90pts]: 4: Vortex of Doom

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, -1CP, 245pts]: 1: Gate of Infinity, 2: Empyric Amplification, 3: Unyielding Anvil, 4: First to the Fray, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Exemplar of the Silver Host, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword, Servant of the Throne, Sigil of Exigence, Warlord

+ Troops +

Brotherhood Terminator Squad [12 PL, 200pts]

. Grey Knight Terminator Justicar

. . Nemesis Force Sword

. 4x Terminator (Sword): 4x Nemesis Force Sword, 4x Storm Bolter

Strike Squad [6 PL, 110pts]

. 4x Grey Knight (Sword): 4x Nemesis Force Sword, 4x Storm Bolter

. Grey Knight Justicar

. . Nemesis Force Sword

Strike Squad [6 PL, 110pts]

. 4x Grey Knight (Sword): 4x Nemesis Force Sword, 4x Storm Bolter

. Grey Knight Justicar

. . Nemesis Force Sword

+ Elites +

Paladin Squad [26 PL, 360pts]: 5: Armoured Resilience, 6: Etheral Castigation

. 6x Paladin (Halberd): 6x Nemesis Force Halberd, 6x Storm Bolter

. Paladin (Warding Stave)

. Paragon

. . Nemesis Force Halberd

Servitors [2 PL, 30pts]

. 4x Servitor: 4x Servo-Arm

Servitors [2 PL, 30pts]

. 4x Servitor: 4x Servo-Arm

+ Fast Attack +

Interceptor Squad [14 PL, 260pts]

. 8x Interceptor (Halberd): 8x Nemesis Force Halberd, 8x Storm Bolter

. Interceptor (Warding Stave)

. Interceptor Justicar

Interceptor Squad [14 PL, 260pts]

. 8x Interceptor (Halberd): 8x Nemesis Force Halberd, 8x Storm Bolter

. Interceptor (Warding Stave)

. Interceptor Justicar

+ Heavy Support +

Nemesis Dreadknight [8 PL, 195pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword

++ Total: [112 PL, 10CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)