Unit Focus : Primaris Aggressors

Khornestar

I played yesterday a squad of 5 with crux obisdian and champion stratagem - all with flamers.

I would say that the flamers are nice but the range hurts them still although 6" more is not that big deal.

What were their targets? How’d they do overall?

As I wrote above. they killed a tyrant guard squad and about 20 gants and survived the game (we stopped in round 3)

I played yesterday a squad of 5 with crux obisdian and champion stratagem - all with flamers.

I would say that the flamers are nice but the range hurts them still although 6" more is not that big deal.

I think flamers sound cool, but you're taking 2d6 auto hits (approx 7 per guy) compared to 7-12 shots that average, about 7 hits.

Increased variability and decreased range for little trade off. The flamer strat sounds cool but I'm not convinced it's worth 2cp.

The only thing that's really in the plus column is overwatch.

but cents dont have core:

no aurelian shroud, no rerolls, no 5 FnP, no +1 to save stratagem

flamers don’t need rerolls plus always 12 shots with hurricane bolters (in range) is strong. With AoC they are quite resilient.

• 1 month later...

I haven't tried bolters yet, but flamer aggressors didn't do well yesterday in my game versus Harlequins/Dark Eldar.

I advanced 5" for an 11" move, then attempted to fry a voidweaver. My rolling wasn't particularly good, and my opponent's rolls were particularly good, so I only reduced it to 3 wounds.

Then my opponent used a stratagem against them that turned off their overwatch, and this was the beginning of the end. Drazhar, Incubi, and an Archon wiped them out before they got the strike. Fights twice on Drazhar is nasty. CSM salt that they nerfed that ability on Khârn, but oh well.

Turning off overwatch for the few units that actually want to use it is rough. I think in my next list I'm going to include 4 pyreblasters in the crusader squad so there are two units who can overwatch worth a damn.

This is exciting news to me as I really like the pyreblaster model! Glad I'll be able to justify adding them into my squads. Sadly the aggressor just doesn't spark joy for me; do you think Primaris Crusaders can fill a similar role with enough pyreblasters?

The problem with loading on template weapons is it greatly reduces the range if the squad is intended for shooting primarily. Yesterday though my squad with pyreblasters stripped three wounds from a charging Chaos Lord on overwatch… then they snuffed him in the ensuing combat. :devil:

I just don't like flamers as they are, I never use them currently, d6 hits is just too swingy:yes:

Any decent unit will also laugh off some s4 hits:laugh:

They need something like blast and ignore cover, but that's a problem for a new ed:tongue:

15 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

I just don't like flamers as they are, I never use them currently, d6 hits is just too swingy:yes:

Any decent unit will also laugh off some s4 hits:laugh:

They need something like blast and ignore cover, but that's a problem for a new ed:tongue:

thats why we have a stratagem IF WE NEED IT.