Cullexus Queries

Jolemai

When firing a ranged weapon at a Cullexus, you treat the model as having BS6+. If you have a vehicle in engagement range and wish to fire it's heavy weapons at it, you need a 7+ to hit thanks to the -1 from Big Guns Never Tire, correct?

Smite targets the nearest unit. A Cullexus may never be the target of a psychic attack. If the nearest unit to a psyker is a Cullexus, then Smite cannot be used (or rather it can be but nothing happens), correct?

Yes - the core rules section in question states simply that an unmodified 6 always hits and an unmodified 1 always fails with no qualifiers to either.

I agree that the Culexus being the closest target would simply nullify Smite and similar powers.

unmodified 6 always hits, even if they'd need a 7+ normall - same with overwatch - I can't use a -1 to hit strat or anything when charging to make overwatch miss, as the 6 always hits.

On smite, above is correct, no target meets the eligibility requirements so it just does nothing - best way is to break LOS to the culexus. Culexus are pretty tough [to hit], but flamers are pretty effective - they're still T4 4+ save weedy things. 

Edited by Xenith

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this due to the Chaos Knights;

Collar of Infernal Brass - favoured ability

This model cannot be targeted or affected by psychic powers.

I don't know the Culexus wording, so I don't know if it's the same issue as already solved above, but if a unit with the Collar of Infernal Brass is the closest enemy unit, then enemy psykers cannot cast Smite or other powers that affect the closest unit, correct?

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the maleceptor psychic overload still hurts culexus and probably goes through khorne collar too

Going strictly by RAW, yes, since it is an "ability" rather than a psychic power.

Someone is definitely going to get challenged on that though, as it goes against the obvious intention of the Culexus.