Future of Catachan

So we’ve seen 2 special models for Catachan in recent years, and we have a new codex coming up in the near…ish future.

So do we think our favorite 80s action stars will get any major love during the upcoming releases and reveals?

Or will it still all be Cadian stuff like usual leaving Catachan even farther in the past?

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

I think the Catachan day is coming. GW is on a tear updating old kits. Kill Team might be the perfect way to push a new Catachan kit.

Yes, I'd agree. The special releases suggest that there's some ongoing fondness in the GW studio for the Catachans.

Secondly, the nature of the Kill Team kits – a 'safe' standard infantry squad combined with a pile of optional characterful upgrades – would allow the team to include the classic Catachan-specific bits (like heavy flamers) that would otherwise have been awkward to release. 

Secondly, they're one of those odd mini-factions that would work best at Kill Team level. While there are Catachan armoured and artillery companies in the background, I think most would agree that it's their superlative light infantry that defines them. That's perfectly suited to a Kill Team box – particularly if combined with some jungle terrain.