Theorycrafting: Updated Possessed - would you take them?

As in the title - we know that Possesed are getting new models, more in line with the greater possessed from the shadowspear box. We also have rumours of them getting an updated profile more in line with their larger size. 

So from the rumours we have the statline will look like this:

Move 9''

+1 W

5A

ap -2 dmg 2

So... If we get ours updated I bet we keep Move 7'' and get plague weapons and -1D... unless GW will assume that that would be too strong for DG...

anyway let's assume that we are getting the updated profile as above, along with our own nurgly traits. Will you use them?

I was allways a fan of possessed back when I started DG in 3,5 and would still like to use them. Even though their is a lot of -1D abilities in the game I think D2 is still pretty useful and 5 attacks at a decent strength will still mince most infantry units. What would sell them to me is the added durability that 3W comes with. It would make them a pain to deal with and while not as sturdy as terminators, they add something that terminators don't give you - speed. Last tournament I went to I lost points because I was rolling too low on advance rolls and that extra 2'' of movement would have let me score stranglehold more often. Sure, I can take possessed now but with only 2 wounds they will die super easy. It's the 3rd wound that can make this unit pretty nice. 

If we get updated possessed then I will surely try to incorporate them into my lists.

I too am curious if Death Guard will benefit from the new stat line.  As the new stat-line should be included in the assembly instructions, I'd like to think we will but as our codex specifically cites them as Death Guard Possessed I could see GW not updating our datasheet.

Assuming we do, then I'll definitely be giving them a shot vs other AoC Infantry.  Mass D2 melee is something our army lacks.  Agreed that 3Ws and DR plus AoC will make them a pain to shift.  I expect a price point hike will come along with their new stats, which if it puts them into Deathshroud range may temper my excitement.

The new sculpts look great, but I question how they will look mixed in with our Plague Marines and characters as the armor style is quite different.  

Maybe? The models don't feel super nurgly to me. I do like the new DP with a Nurgle head though...

Agreed but did just get thinking what if you swapped some of the heads with plague marines/ terminators and made sure you got a plague marine backpack on them?

I would totally take them if they get a updated profile

Having a 3w power armour unit would be amazing since more PA fan than terminators

Just wish we could somehow make some of our hqs daemon possessed then id have a converted possessed plaguecaster run up the board with a squad of them. Hopefully death guard bits like backpacks and heads fit well when kitbashed with them

Edited by Plaguecaster

I would totally take them if they get a updated profile

Having a 3w power armour unit would be amazing since more PA fan than terminators

Just wish we could somehow make some of our hqs daemon possessed then id have a converted possessed plaguecaster run up the board with a squad of them. Hopefully death guard bits like backpacks and heads fit well when kitbashed with them

Would be nice! I totally wanted a Greater Possessed so I could convert that AoS lord with the tenticles.

I think it won't be a problem to convert some nurgle Possessed with the new kit + some plague marine bits + some putrid blightking bits. I think the mutations are suitibly nurgly - it's just the heads that don't work with the rest of our army aesthetic.

Gamplaywise they could give us a unit to blitz objectives that isn't teminators.

It'll depend on what their updated points are, but if those are indeed the stats then I think they're an auto include.  Send them out to get on mid objectives while your terminators catch up.