New Horus Heresy Kits for Chaos Space Marines

Just as we got a bunch of kit releases, there's a bunch of 30k announcements now too. I figured it would make sense to have a thread on what do we as CSM players want to do with these.

My personal take, the Deimos Rhino is going to be perfect. I'm doing Red Corsairs, so that's right up in the Badab aesthetic for them. For Black Legion, I'm also going to pick these up, even for Death Guard over the current Chaos Rhino. This is the most exciting new kit in the context of CSM in my opinion.

Secondarily, as I play Word Bearers in both 30k and 40k, I'm going to get a Spartan for them. As the paint job should be the same, it could run double duty there.

All in all, I'm excited on the vehicle front for filling out that side of the army.

Open the floor for y'all's thoughts as well. What do you plan on doing with these?

The Deimos Rhino, Spartan and 

plastic Sicaran
will be perfect for Iron Warriors. I doubt the Kratos will come over to 40k, as that'd require a new Imperial Armour: Compendium and said new publication to not suck horrifically.

I intend to grab a few Rhinos for my warband, as for the other tanks I'll work that out later.

The Deimos Rhino, Spartan and

plastic Sicaran
will be perfect for Iron Warriors. I doubt the Kratos will come over to 40k, as that'd require a new Imperial Armour: Compendium and said new publication to not suck horrifically.

I intend to grab a few Rhinos for my warband, as for the other tanks I'll work that out later.

Or simply Codex Space Marines 9.5 or just a pdf :)

For legions which didn't go silly with Chaos being and such, it seems like a really good release. With a few more spikey 3d printed bits, it could also look great. Nice shoulder mounted weapons for "Havocs" as well.

I am planning on doing Sons of Horus and Dark Angels as my 30k Legions, though World Eaters also tempt me, and I think I can do a Sons of Horus Army that mostly works for both systems.

Edited by Marshall Mittens

For legions which didn't go silly with Chaos being and such, it seems like a really good release. With a few more spikey 3d printed bits, it could also look great. Nice shoulder mounted weapons for "Havocs" as well.

I am planning on doing Sons of Horus and Dark Angels as my 30k Legions, though World Eaters also tempt me, and I think I can do a Sons of Horus Army that mostly works for both systems.

As someone looking at Night Lords it's a perfect combination to use HH models in 40k. Just need to add a LOT of body parts.

The rhino in particular looks very nice.  Just needs someone in the community with more 3d modeling skill than I to take some measurements and put together files for a chaos style trim set.

Otherwise, the various archaic style non-mutated power armor and weapon accessory sets should be a welcome resource for all those gutless, faithless, anti-chaos chaos heretics out there still blinded by their devotion to long dead concepts of honor and propriety that only ever existed in the first place to shackle our minds, hobble our power, and murder our potential in its crib.  :p

I have a stack of Mars Rhinos from the Conquest magazine that I was going to use for my Chaos and Death Guard armies, but i'll 100% be switching to Deimos for those and redistributing the Mars ones to my Loyalists.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Kratos is getting 40k rules, I really want it for Chaos Space Marines as well.

Going to use my Word Bearers one if so, and I'd love to do a Black Legion one, that would certainly be cool.

I was going to get one, might get two. I'm trying to build my 30k Sons of Horus with a mind to playing them in 40k as well.

Very excited its going over, 40k needs more choom.

Don't get too excited just yet. In 30k its a HS vehicle squadron. In 40k it will likely be a 1 unit LoW slot, material legacy certain. Still, I think 40k DG and TS will definitely welcome it a lot for AT fit out. 

I am so much waiting for this box for my Chaos Legions. A great deal of my current troops and vehicles are coming from 30K whether it is for kitbashing some nice Infantry or adding more ancient flavour to my War Host. Now the actual great news are that I will finally have the opportunity to get the Deimos chassis I need without having to get through the painful process resulting from the current FW kit.

Celtic_Cauldron

At least you guys around the world can more readily afford this box. I know 180pds and $300US is a decent chunk of cash, but at least you don't suffer from the ridiculous overcharging that GW does in the southern hemisphere. 180pds works out to about $353 in NZ money, but that's not what they're charging. This boxset is going to cost us $560 from the web store, a difference of $207! Now you tell me, where is the logic and fairness in that? GW's australasian pricing model is totally insane and you guys think you get ripped off hahahahaha.  

At least you guys around the world can more readily afford this box. I know 180pds and $300US is a decent chunk of cash, but at least you don't suffer from the ridiculous overcharging that GW does in the southern hemisphere. 180pds works out to about $353 in NZ money, but that's not what they're charging. This boxset is going to cost us $560 from the web store, a difference of $207! Now you tell me, where is the logic and fairness in that? GW's australasian pricing model is totally insane and you guys think you get ripped off hahahahaha.

Yeah, GW up charges the USA too, but not as bad as you guys. Seems almost cheaper to fly to Japan or Hawaii and buy a few boxes there, then fly home, rather then buying it in New Zealand?

Yeah, GW up charges the USA too, but not as bad as you guys. Seems almost cheaper to fly to Japan or Hawaii and buy a few boxes there, then fly home, rather then buying it in New Zealand?

Sadly enough, this is almost true. Don't get me wrong, I love this product and I thoroughly enjoy this game! I just do not like this pricing practice.

I suspect the upcharge is international shipping costs (which is determined by weight) and tariffs rolled into one along with the conversion rate.

Because why pay for the costs of international shipping when you can pass it onto your customers? /s

I suspect the upcharge is international shipping costs (which is determined by weight) and tariffs rolled into one along with the conversion rate.

Because why pay for the costs of international shipping when you can pass it onto your customers? /s

That may be so, but not $207 worth, that's a ludicris upcharge. I would consider maybe $50 P&P on this box, that I would find acceptable, not over $200. 

That may be so, but not $207 worth, that's a ludicris upcharge. I would consider maybe $50 P&P on this box, that I would find acceptable, not over $200. 

Like I said, it's shipping AND tarrifs. Australia has some of the worst import taxes on just about everything. Heck it costs less to fly to the US and buy Photoshop in person and fly back than buy it in Australia. This is hardly a GW specific issue.