Deredeo - intercept with Boreas Air Defense Missiles

MichaelCarmine

Hello there =]

I apologize in advance, if this has already been answerd, but i didn'tsee any thread with this specific question.

Let's say one fields a Deredeo Dreadnought with Anvilus ACs and 4 Boreas ADMs.

Let's further say, he activated his HTA and in the second round, the Opponent has 2 or more Flyers entering the battlefield.

Can the Deredeo fire at every flyer entering airspace in range?

- Every weapon (except nose weapons) gets interceptor

- Anvilus shoots at first flyer in range and LOS

- Boreas ADM has independent tracking, alowing it to fire at a different Target

-Each missile is one use, but has the same rule

I understand it, that the target(s) for the missiles still have to be in the firing arc, but not in LOS.

But otherwise i could intercept up to 5 flyers (1 with anvilus, 4 with 1 Boreas each)... am i right?

That is my take, yes. Also, the missile are mounted on a turret so not much to worry about on firing arc there. Certainly helps with one of the biggest drawbacks of the helical targeting that you may activate it and then instead of getting to use interceptor, your opponent might just move their fliers into a space out of your arc. You've had an effect in terms of area denial but you were rather hoping to shoot them down instead of just influence their movement. The with Boreas missiles (and a lesser extent the Aiolos if the target has low AV) there's not many places to hide.

That is my take, yes. Also, the missile are mounted on a turret so not much to worry about on firing arc there. Certainly helps with one of the biggest drawbacks of the helical targeting that you may activate it and then instead of getting to use interceptor, your opponent might just move their fliers into a space out of your arc. You've had an effect in terms of area denial but you were rather hoping to shoot them down instead of just influence their movement. The with Boreas missiles (and a lesser extent the Aiolos if the target has low AV) there's not many places to hide.

Well, the turret is only really a turret on the model, since all weapons mounted on a dreadnought only hav a 45° firing arc. regardles of the way, they are mounted, or placed on the actual body.

The only way vor a dreadnought to fire outside its firing arc, without moving, or pivoting, is by performing Overwatch.

I know, some people play it as a "real"turret-weapon, ason a tank, but that's sadly not the right way to play... atleast if i'm not mistaken, and there is an additional rule somewhere in the RB, that i've missed.