How to Eldar?

Sigvard

Howdy folks. Whilst ferreting away on my Space Marines a buddy has been selling off the Aeldari half of Eldritch Omens which I picked up off him. I also have a Maugan Ra because he is possibly the coolest model ever made. But I am curious what should be looking to add to make an OK 1000pt army?

I was gonna pick up the combat patrol which seemed like the next logical step and I am going to be looking at doing something with Mymeara as a Craftworld but I don't know if that's the best bet.

Any help you guys could offer would be brilliant.

Sig

That sounds like a good plan. Between Eldritch Omens and the Combat Patrol you will have a combat-orientated HQ in the Autarch and a psychic one in the Farseer. You will have 2 Troop units (Guardians and Rangers) and a mix of Fast and Elite in the assorted Jetbikes and Wraithlord. That gives you a solid Patrol detachment to build around.

That gives you around 800 points depending on how you load units out.

Personally, I'd suggest looking at Howling Banshees. They add a useful close combat punch and are wonderful new plastic kits that are a joy to build. Edited by Nemesor Tyriks

With the Craftworld I don't think it particularly matters how you paint them up. Unless you are in an uber competitive scene you should be able to run them as anything. Ulthwé seem to be the best Craftworld choice but you can go far flung and pick traits that match your style. Hail of doom is pretty popular, especially if you gave lots of dire avengers/ guardians.

For what it's worth, I'm painting mine as Mymeara. It's a cool scheme.