A Space Marine Razorback and some 2nd edition mini's.

Portman

I got back into the hobby around the start of 2018, and have been fiddling around with some stuff off and on since that time - re-learning some basic painting skills (I was never much good at painting miniatures) and starting to get my head around shading, highlighting and what-not, not stuff I normally do painting real world stuff. 

So having been working on it for 4 years(!!!), I've finally started to finish some stuff, here's my first GW Tank since I built a plastic Land Raider when it was first released, and some oooooold 2nd edition Space Marines I had kicking about. The paint was the old Citadel Ultramarine blue in a hex pot. 

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

I actually painted the interior for this beast back in 2019 - it's supposed to be the Emperor, thankfully my painting skills have improved a bit since then. 

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

And the old Retro Marines, which I suppose are still legal. I'm currently working on the other half of the squad. 

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

Excellent work on Guilliman's sons and the Razorback.

Thanks! 

I've got a looooong way to go with my miniature painting, but at this stage I'm just happy to produce something that is well base-coated and okay on the table. 

I like it a lot man

the stripes on  heavy bolter are well done...  and the interior is awesome as well

Thanks - Much appreciated! 

You've got to have warning stripes on space marines, the world would be wrong without them. I enjoyed doing the interior, it's something I'd like to get better at doing. Some of the freehand work I've seen on the net is awesome. 

Don't be to harsh on yourself Portman, between the monoposes and the razorback you can see that you already made good progress. That said the rhino models arent the most inspiring / detailed models either so good job. Did you freehand the tanks name with a brush or a pen?

Don't be to harsh on yourself Portman, between the monoposes and the razorback you can see that you already made good progress. That said the rhino models arent the most inspiring / detailed models either so good job. Did you freehand the tanks name with a brush or a pen?

Thanks - much appreciated. I do really want to get my head around the whole shading and highlighting thing - Mini painting is fun but there seems to be a lot to it. If I can get head around the basic techniques I'll be happy. It's funny, but having been around the world of 40K since the RT days, I've never really had much of a chance to do some miniature painting until recently. 

I freehanded it with a small brush. I did the 'B' first in the middle to get size and then filled in the rest of the letters going outwards. 

Edited by Portman

I like it a lot man

the stripes on  heavy bolter are well done...  and the interior is awesome as well

Thanks - Much appreciated! 

You've got to have warning stripes on space marines, the world would be wrong without them. I enjoyed doing the interior, it's something I'd like to get better at doing. Some of the freehand work I've seen on the net is awesome. 

need to be careful though

that train of thought is very close to heresy and the 4th legion...

Great stuff there. They’re the Space Marines I first fell in love with. I wish they had of released a newer Firstborn Marine kit with that flamer in it. The GSC of all places has one like it. Great job on the Razorback too, one of my favourite SM tanks.

Thanks!

I got back into the hobby around the start of 2018, and have been fiddling around with some stuff off and on since that time - re-learning some basic painting skills (I was never much good at painting miniatures) and starting to get my head around shading, highlighting and what-not, not stuff I normally do painting real world stuff. 

So having been working on it for 4 years(!!!), I've finally started to finish some stuff, here's my first GW Tank since I built a plastic Land Raider when it was first released, and some oooooold 2nd edition Space Marines I had kicking about. The paint was the old Citadel Ultramarine blue in a hex pot. 

IMG_3914.jpg

Woof Woof

Thanks! 

I've got a looooong way to go with my miniature painting, but at this stage I'm just happy to produce something that is well base-coated and okay on the table. 

Nah, you've done a great job on these especially the face on the sergeant. Fantastic old school stuff.

Thanks! 

Nah, you've done a great job on these especially the face on the sergeant. Fantastic old school stuff.

Thanks! I was pretty pleased with how his face came out. 

• 2 weeks later...