Deathshrouds variety

Hi guys,

Just bought 2 packs of Deathshrouds and was looking to add a little bit of variety to avoid having similar models on the table. Except for the champion, I’m lacking ideas as the models a already pretty busy. I didn’t find much googling as well.

Any pointer ?

Probably not helpful (especially as I haven't gotten around to it yet, plenty of net examples), but I plan to use Felthius and the Lord of Contagion as more Deathshroud.  Maybe, if you have those models, you could see if there's any way to mix them a little?

Depending on your death guard army theme you could remove an arm or two and add some crazy mutation.  For example, use some bits like from blight drones or new possessed.  Greenstuff tentacles can also add variety or mix some bitz from Blightlord Terminators or chaos terminators.  Personally, I see deathshroud as more of a uniform office / status, but its chaos go wild.  Also if all fails, add nurglings to them.  

Very nice, had you just done them since this thread or had them done previously? Kinda makes half of my comment pointless if the latter :)

Ha - did them a few years ago :).

There was a time when lords of contagion were going for 3 bucks on eBay… made far more sense to convert than get the real thing. (Now they are oop and have better rules and are pricier!)

I went online and bought some of the Chaos Terminator heads for a dollar a pop. I love the tusks, and think they work especially well with the up-close Deathshroud. It doesn’t *actually* add a ton of difference, but certainly draws the eye.

• 1 month later...

After the big HH box release, cataphractii bodies are pretty cheap to acquire. Any potential?

Edit: checked the real models. The HH catapractii model is much much smaller than deathshrould. Not a good conversion choice.

Edited by Tokugawa