Update to Dominion of Storms Setting

Kelborn

Me again. :sweat:

After giving it a rest, I've decided to finally update my Dominion of Storms unto the new setting.

Current thoughts:

- all of the "old" chapters and factions are currently MIA due to warp shenanigens, stelar storms, etc.

- Tempestus Crusade was formed by Guiliman in order to reclaim it

- participants of said crusade: the close-by Watch Fortress Mortguard (mixture of Halo's Spartans + Stargate) + a Primaris chapter (Mandalorian themed) and local Tempestus Scions (ODSTs)

In doing so, I came up with two ideas I wanted to verify before I dive into them:

- We know that the Deathwatch was pretty screwed even before the events of the Great Rift. Now, being isolated for over 100 years would leave a Watch Fortress not only desperate but further, running out of men. I thought that the Watch Master and his officers could decide to use the Geneseed of fallen comrades in order to create new recruits for their Watch Fortress. Something like a true Deathwatch Astartes, trained by experts on deadly worlds, split into the various Kill-Teams in order to support them. This could also lead to some tensions with certain hardliner members and later on with certain chapters. Though these recruits could be patronized by gene brothers of the same chapter/ heritage.

- I'd love to make use of a stealer object like the Halo Rings. Either as a training world for the Deathwatch or a homeworld for the Primaris chapter or another force (maybe a Watch Station or the Tempestus Scions). Instead of being weapons of mass destructions, these rings could be part of a greater warp/ webway travel network throughout the Dominion and maybe even beyond it. We saw some great space stations as waygates in Path of Heaven. I had something like this in mind. Chaos cults like the close-by acting Cult of Knowledge of the Thousand Sons would want to claim those enginges to open portals into the warp, for example. Stationed forces would take care that these ancient engines are not used again. Question is: would such a purpose even allow life on such rings like we see it in Halo (complete eco system, functional flora & fauna, etc.) and would such a ring even be "big" enough to act as a homeworld?

As I'm in a brainstorm mode, gathering every useful bit I can find, etc. these two elements are not written in stone yet. :)

Thanks in advance!

Kel

Archived