Which rulebook(s) do I need for KT 2021?

JeffJedi

I just picked up the newer starter set and the Octaris book. Am I missing anything by not getting the seperate rulebook?

Edit: This was not about KT 2018. I posted this in a thread about KT 2021 and it must have been split off.

Edited by JeffJedi

I just picked up the newer starter set and the Octaris book. Am I missing anything by not getting the seperate rulebook?

The starter set comes with the Core Rules, so I guess it depends what other Kill Teams you might want to run - you'll need the Compendium, Chalnath or Nachmund supplement(s) depending on what other faction(s) you want to make a Kill Team from (besides Krieg and Kommandos) :)

The starter set comes with the Core Rules, so I guess it depends what other Kill Teams you might want to run - you'll need the Compendium, Chalnath or Nachmund supplement(s) depending on what other faction(s) you want to make a Kill Team from (besides Krieg and Kommandos) :)
There are also a few (fully official) Kill Team factions in White Dwarf. Thousand Sons and Adeptus Mechanicus spring to mind, maybe there was another one too? Harlequins?

There are also a few (fully official) Kill Team factions in White Dwarf. Thousand Sons and Adeptus Mechanicus spring to mind, maybe there was another one too? Harlequins?

Harlequins and GSC (wyrmblade) as well

Just to be clear: KT 2018 is the old edition of the game. Everything from Octarius onwards is KT 2021, the new edition of the game.

If you're ever unsure which version of the game a thing is for, check the KT logo on the product or article. KT18 incorporates the old 40k logo, while KT21 incorporates the new 40k logo. Any rules with the KT18 logo will not be directly compatible with KT21 and vice versa.

• 1 month later...

There's actually very little rule-bloat at the moment for Kill Team. It's my favourite Warhammer rule set.

You just need:

- the Core Rule Book (+online FAQ)

- your faction's rules. Some are in Campaign books (like Octarius and Chalnath, Moloch, etc...), some are in White Dwarfs (T-Sons, Ad Mech and Harlequins), and some are still running off the original Index/Compendiums until they get the Box Set or White Dwarf treatment.

So, if you want to play Veteran Guardsmen or Ork Kommandos, you have all you need for the entire game in the Octarius set :)

Check out the FAQs too, a couple of Veterans get a small buff.

Edited by byrd9999

• 2 months later...

Just to Update this - with the release of the 2022 "Killteam Annual" you have a lot covered from the WD side of things :thumbsup:

I too love the fact there's not much rules bloat with KT and it's a great game !! It's nearly edging out 40K amongst my friends (good for me, 6-10 models are a lot quicker to paint than 50 :tongue:)

M.