A Black Templars "successor"?

Valkyrion

He's not asking him to prove a negative, or anything. He's simply pointing out we shouldn't be stating that it is an absolute that there are no Black Templar descendants as there is no absolute proof that that is true.

It's one of those cases where the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

There is an in lore reference for a Successor of a Successor. I'll have to comb through the master list and see if I can find the reference...but it is there.

EDIT:

OK here we go.  From the master Astartes Lore List:

Space Sharks - Successor Chapter of the Eagle Warriors, would ultimately make them Ultramarine Successors. Later described as carrying genetic markers of the Raven Guard. Deathwatch: Honour the Chapter pg. 89 and 93

Marines Errant suggested to have at least 1 Successor Chapter. Deathwatch: Honour the Chapter pg. 44

I'll see if I can find more references (pretty sure there are some).

EDIT 2: 

Imperial Armour Vol 10, pg 84:

Crimson Axes, Skull Bearers and Iron Champions are Successor's of the Executioners.

Edited by Kurgan the Lurker

22 minutes ago, Kurgan the Lurker said:

Space Sharks - Successor Chapter of the Eagle Warriors, would ultimately make them Ultramarine Successors. Later described as carrying genetic markers of the Raven Guard. Deathwatch: Honour the Chapter pg. 89 and 93

Wahhhhhh? I had to double check the source, and sure enough it’s there. However the details given don’t really match up with that little blurb, or other Space Shark lore. It’s also weird because the Eagle Warriors are also described in the same book as founding the Marines Errant, which conforms with Badab  lore. The same Badab lore never mentions the  Eagle Warriors relations to the Caracarodons 

Speaking of Badab, and so I divert to far away from the subject, the Tiger Claws were Astral Claws descendants that rejoined once Huron started his Guilliman cosplay