Model question, raptors

One approach you might want to take is to give the lightning claws from the GW plastic kit to your Forge World resin kit so that your FW Raptors become Warp Talons. It would require a bit of conversion, but not much. Also, for the sake of variet, you might want to swap jumppacks, eg give resin Night Raptor jumppacks to your plastic Raptors and vice versa.

That would make your Warp Talons unique. :)

"From the shadows."

I have two squads of raptors- 2nd Ed pewters, 4th Ed pewters.

Just a point, but both those model releases were 3rd ed - the start, then after the 3.5 codex release. 

I'd say the other way round, actually. I think the highly detailed and ornamented claws with lots of trim might look out of place on the Night Raptors. Best way would be to blu tac some options together before committing and see what looks right. 

Xenith makes a good point about the trim not matching.

Another route you could take is the "chaotic" route of inter-mingling your various types of Raptors into the same squad. My Raptor Squad is a mixup of 2012 plastic Raptor sculpts, 2002 metal Raptor sculpts, and I even have a few of the 1990s metal Raptor sculpts. I also have some Raging Hero kitbashes in the squad as well.

Bats Out of Hell in all their Variety

gallery_88062_14499_132965.jpeg

"Ave Dominus Nox"

Edited by Tallarn Commander