Legion Disposition - Ultramarines.

OK trying to work out my disposition of the 22nd Chapter of the Ultramarines during the heresy.

22nd Chapter = Companies 211th to 220th (Using standard thinking of Ultramarines)

Eleon Iasus - Current Chapter Master of the 22nd Chapter "NEMESIS".

Various Consuls (Mortiat, Chapter Ancient etc)

Bodyguard!?!?

Battalion I (Companies 1 to 5?) Do Ultramarines even have Battalions?

Does the 22nd Chapter or any Chapter also have a First Captain?

Captain Hierax 2nd Company Destroyers

1st/2nd Company is all Destroyers so a mix of standard and Nemesis?

Company Assets

Tank Detachment do we have a idea how a Tank Detachment layout look?

Edited by Wolf Guard Einar

Regarding first captains...maybe? I think all the named first captains are chapter masters of their legion's company, but the organizational chart from the books lists "first captain" as a title for a lieutenant commander, and Tempest says each company was also led by a captain.

So the 22nd Chapter's chapter master would presumably be the legion's 22nd Captain, but also have a first captain subordinate, who would have further captain subordinates. I think.

You might want to see if you can get your hands on "Spear of Ultramar," novella from a few years ago that wraps up the 2nd Company's story that was started in Ruinstorm

It makes mention of some armor and how they deploy as a spearhead force before the main force of Ultramarines land against entrenched fortifications

IIRC (it's been a minute since I read it) they make use of Deredeos much like in Ruinstorm and I believe they also had limited armor assets (Land Raider stands out but I would have to check again to confirm it)

I plan on giving Captain Hierax 2nd Company Destroyers the black armour of the destroyers, but what about the Chapter Master? Would he be in the black or standard colours?

I am leaning to standard colours purely based on him being an "outsider" to the Chapter as a whole, I know by short stories he is fully accepted.

Next point, Fulmentarus, I want a solid 20 terminators with Reaper Autocannons in one squad and CML's for the other... Would it make sense to have them in the black of destroyers?

My plan is to start the 2nd Company first, So 3x20 of Nemesis Destroyers.and 3x10 Destroyers (Jumppacks) this will be the core of the 2nd, with a Contemptor Talon, 3 Kratos attached.

Was it ever fully determined if the Destroyers have black armour, painted that way because of their position/role, or if its just where the lacquer has been scoured off by the horrible weapons they use? (Presumably including nail varnish remover :P)

Was it ever fully determined if the Destroyers have black armour, painted that way because of their position/role, or if its just where the lacquer has been scoured off by the horrible weapons they use? (Presumably including nail varnish remover :tongue.:)

Well its probably the scouring due to weapons used, but from a modelling point of view we paint them black.