Am new

Pretend I said something incredibly funny in the topic title. It's been YEARS since I joined an honest-to-god forum. 

I spent almost a week wondering "why am I not receiving an account activation email? The fudge is going on?" before I had an epiphany and actually read the site's rules and whatnot. Let it never be said that I am a smart man. 

Anyway, I've been a fan of Warhammer 40k since the 90's - my first 40k set was the old, third edition I think, set that included a bunch of Dark Eldar and Black Templar (complete with Land Speeder and Castellan). Space Marines were my first army, though I at one point had a VERY basic Tau, Necron, and Eldar army. Then, like the knucklehead I am, threw them all away for some reason, rather than sell any of it. 

I should also mention that I have never played a game of 40k in my life. 

Now I'm collecting a Primaris army on a whim (haven't painted ANY of them yet), and I likes me the Phobos marines, though I am given to understand that they are not very popular. I don't care, they look cool, and I feel like a big man collecting them. 

Other info, I am a Floridian, I like Norse mythology, Nordic art, Lovecraftian horror, and am a big fan of Armored Core, Silent Hill, and Quake (specifically, the first one). I like long walks on the beach, and oh yes, I really hate yoyo's. 

tl;dr: lol hi

I have a custom chapter I'm working on, probably a Raven Guard successor (would be Space Wolves, but I like ravens more), but I get distracted or discouraged easy, so it's slow going. One day, in the actual 41st millenium, I'll post something in the Liber. 

I should also mention that I have never played a game of 40k in my life. 

Brother Valvaettir, many here shared this experience, there are all sorts of barriers to entry.  You are not alone.

Be aware that there are much lower barriers now.  If you have a local Warhammer Store or Friendly Local Gaming Store, visit and ask if they have Kill Team, a skirmish level of Warhammer that you can play with just 6 Space Marine models.

And welcome home, Brother.