B&C IS GOING OFF-LINE

Did I get your attention:ermm: EXCELLENT:thumbsup:

As you may or may not be aware, the B&C is finally going through an upgrade and we're migrating to a new server. This will necessitate some down time beginning 30 May. So, we'll be off-line for at least two weeks and possibly four if more problems arise than we anticipated. However, when we come back on-line the B&C will be bigger and better than before:yes: :ermm:... At least that's what I'm told by folks who know more about this kind of stuff than I do, and they've been at this a lot longer than I have, so I'm as trusting as I can possibly be:wink.: 

In the dark down period, take time out get some fresh air, hang out with friends, play a few games and build a few Grey Knight models.... 'cause there's a Grey Knights event coming to a GK forum near you, real soon:wink:  

Hang out with friends?? Doesnt that mean actually leaving the house?? I dont like the sound of that. :laugh.:

The option is there to invite friends to your house, so you may not have to step out at all:wink:

4 weeks!?!?

I'll allow 2 days. I have spoken

Only two weeks.... if everything goes right:thumbsup: :dry.:.... Yeah, when does everything go right.... four weeks it is:cry:

Or as the zoomers would say:

"Touch grass" :laugh.:

"Touch grass".... I like that:biggrin.:

fresh air? 

For you city dwellers that could be a shock to your systems. Best to take fresh air in small doses.

Be well everyone. See you on the other side:yes:

As you may or may not be aware, the B&C is finally going through an upgrade and we're migrating to a new server. This will necessitate some down time beginning 30 May. So, we'll be off-line for at least two weeks and possibly four if more problems arise than we anticipated. However, when we come back on-line the B&C will be bigger and better than before:yes: :ermm:... At least that's what I'm told by folks who know more about this kind of stuff than I do, and they've been at this a lot longer than I have, so I'm as trusting as I can possibly be:wink.:

As an aside, is there going to be a splash screen thingy to inform people that this is a scheduled, deliberate downtime? I'm sure there'll still be a heap of people who won't have seen the message, so cutting off any cries of "B&C is dead!" might be useful! :teehee:

As an aside, is there going to be a splash screen thingy to inform people that this is a scheduled, deliberate downtime? I'm sure there'll still be a heap of people who won't have seen the message, so cutting off any cries of "B&C is dead!" might be useful! :teehee:

Yes, there will be a flash screen:yes:

Hang out with friends?? Doesnt that mean actually leaving the house?? I dont like the sound of that. :laugh.:

The option is there to invite friends to your house, so you may not have to step out at all:wink:

Ill be expecting you in a few days then, brink milk as Im running low.

UPDATE:

As of today, we are tentatively looking at going off-line Wednesday or Thursday.

I'll keep you posted with details as soon as I get them. Everything of course, is subject to change, as change is a main constant in the universe:yes: