Recent Changes!

I think the real question I haven’t seen asked yet is, how many of these changes will carry over into the new codex?

i think the 2+ saves will stick, but I’m not so sure about AoC. If it does stick around I imagine it will only be for T8 and higher vehicles.

I hope the flat rate infantry squads and other free upgrades stay, but I hope the IS cost drops to 55pts

edit

i think AoC should stick with the T8+ tanks, but I think chimeras and tauroxes should be able to access it via the ‘extra armor’ upgrade 

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

17 hours ago, Diagramdude said:

Can guard still forgo a warlord trait and take a first tank ace free? Or do you also need to pay the tax for that

Not free, now you have to spend 2CP to get 2 tank aces. You need to spend 1CP for the WLT and then swap it for a tank ace as usual. 

2 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

Guard are such a mess atm, lots of bolt on/altered rules, different books, and all of it still isn't really having major impacts on overall win rates :facepalm:

To be fair, the most recent batch, which is prety substantial has only just come about. There will have hardly been any games played with it yet.

I just played a practice game against my Blood Angles and the Guard smashed them. Both my manticores got tangled turn two by sanguinary guard and a smash captain - they both survived until the end of the game by trading places in combat and falling back - normally they die on the turn of the charge.

The Banehammer was great, I gave it the tank ace hull down deployment and set it up as far forward as I could in the centre of the deployment. I started of with 20 Conscripts and 5 man command squad on board (protect the standard from death turn one - it’s a great source of VP), and then used the tank to shield another 10 squad from line of sight. My first turn i disembarked everyone (gaining 3inch to their moves) so gained extra ground putting the standard on the centre objective and pushed the conscripts to the left objective, then embarked the other squad behind and made use of its transport abilities and gun deck.

I wouldn't be to sure that it cost us 1CP for the first Tank Ace trait.

As far as i read it acc. to PA "the greater good" we can: "...rather than determining a Warlord Trait for that Model, you can instead select one Tank Ace ability..."

And the new Stratagem says: "....if your Warlord is a Character model, determine a Warlord trait for them...."

BUT we never determine a Warlord trait for our Warlord as we instead select a Tank Ace, so i would argue that we skip the Stratagem in the Process.

Could be completely wrong here but RAW i would say for the first Tank Ace we don't pay any CP.

I hope a FAQ will clear this

3 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

If Kasrkin can’t ride T. Primes I vote that we riot.

Im knocking the Space Marine statue over !!!! Always hated that thing. 

3 hours ago, sairence said:

Why though? The Primes are Scion vehicles, Kasrkin will presumably be purely Cadian choices.

1. Scions are the worst thing GW has done for this faction.

2. The prime being scion locked makes no sense. So because it has a weapon on top of the vehicle suddenly only scions have access?

3. Scions aesthetic doesn’t match the rest of the faction at all.

4. The name is stupid and makes no sense. Storm descendants? Really?

so in summary, to begin phasing scions out and into the suppressed memories of the game.

5. why is the basic taurox 90 points for T6 and no notable increase in fire power over the 65 point chimera? It would make sense for the T prime to be 90 points(not it’s current 115) not to mention having less transport capacity.

6. only way many people would play scions is by using Kasrkin models in the first place.

7. they’re already basically the same thing. Scions are just the new bad version of storm troopers, and Kasrkin are just Cadia’s stormtrooper corp, with a special name to make the poster boys feel special.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

On 7/1/2022 at 8:37 AM, sairence said:

Okay, so because you don't like them. Gotcha.

Do I need another reason?

However the return of Kasrkin would heavily imply a large portion of guard players agree with me 

It took less than 8 years for GW to decide there’s not enough interest in scions, and that people still loved Kasrkin 

Edited by duz_
Removed inflammatory statement

I'm not particularly invested in Kasrkin. I wasn't in the hobby when they were around originally, so I'm kinda whatever. If people love them that's great and they should enjoy the hell out of them. :)

But to me that's not in any way related to disliking Scions or anything to do with them. They're different models, with different backgrounds belonging to very different parts of the Guard. Bringing Kasrkin back gives GW the challenge of finding a unique niche for  them and if they can do that, that's great for all of us, whether we specifically care about them or not.

Edited by duz_
Removed reference to removed content