New stuff

Malakithe

So...how about them points? For my list all I did was remove one disposable Strike Team and I was good. I usually toss in a couple of those types of units for future proofing like this. But damn...starting with 4cp kinda hurts. Both my 5 man Crisis units are over 400+ pts now which is a little nuts.

The changes were fairly brutal and while maybe not as heavy as what tyranids got I believe, this set of changes are fairly savage in not just the fact we had some points hits on our good stuff, but the fact they didn't make anything else cheaper despite it being fairly common to know that riptides and ghostkeels struggle to compete for what points you pay. Similarly the R'Varna and Y'Vahra also technically got nerfed, as now they shielded missile drones cost something now, being 15 points each and now both of those suits are just crying themselves to sleep.

Some people also point out that we lack core on anything good really bar crisis suits. If riptides had that they may have some use but as it stands, again they struggle. The points changes are overall nerfs to top lists but I am wondering why they also didn't consider throwing some bones to underloved units, as most times in the codices the units that aren't used are both not as good for their points and just generally don't do much compared to one obvious overachiever who isn't just good for their points but can do everything well.

My own list went up 237 points and to -1 CP, so it warranted a complete rewrite. 
Now I'm thinking of cutting all the non-essential stuff from the list and doubling down on the most efficient options. 

From a patrol+vanguard Bork'an list with 11 crisis, 2 commanders, 1 ethereal, 2 hammerheads, 6 stealth suits and stuff (kroot, hounds, ...) I'm pivoting towards a battalion FSE list with farsight, 1 commander, 10 kroot, 20 fire warriors, 8 crisis, 3 stealth, 10 pathfinders, 8 hounds, 3 hammerheads, 1 devilfish. With less drones, all things considered, but still with plenty of small units to do actions and tag obectives while having some heavy hitters in terms of hammerheads and crisis suits. Starting with 3 CP (2 traits, 1 relic), hopefully regaining a couple with the puretide engram neurochip. 

All things considered, I think we need to build our list with our secondaries in mind. Even more so than in the past. 
Decisive Action + Aerospace Relays all day every day for me.