New Biel Tan army

Paladin777

So my wife has been getting more involved in my hobbying (in a good, encouraging way) and told me I should paint something green. When I told her that I didn't have a green army she told me to buy one and paint it green! So here's the first squad of my new Biel Tan craftworld army! They look better in person.

206BD2DF-6502-4DBD-AFD4-064B2328CC8D.jpeg

Edited by Paladin777

Nice shade of green you have there, Ive done my Biel Tan with the green bodies and white heads as well so have an internet hi five for choosing a bad ass scheme. What do you have planned next for your army? I think a Wraithlord would look pretty good. 

18 hours ago, Doctor Perils said:

They already look pretty good to me! well done :D That's a great wife you have there, has she shown any interest in joining you in painting or playing?

Thanks! I could see her one day trying her hand at painting, but the game has way too many rules to be something that she'd enjoy!

16 hours ago, Slave to Darkness said:

Nice shade of green you have there, Ive done my Biel Tan with the green bodies and white heads as well so have an internet hi five for choosing a bad ass scheme. What do you have planned next for your army? I think a Wraithlord would look pretty good. 

Accepts high five

Thanks on the green! It's a Caliban Green basecoat with kabalite green brushed over it, then warpstone glow over that! The weapons platform also has another lighter shade of green as part of its shading (sybarite, I think). Funny you should mention a wraithlord, because I just built one last Sunday! I magnetized the heavy weapons, and it was the first time I'd ever tried that. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and I'll certainly be posting it when it's done!

Same recipe I use for green, or did before the paints dried out. How are you doing the white? I cant quite get mine looking right. 

You got that Wraithlord finished yet?? ;) 

4 hours ago, Slave to Darkness said:

Same recipe I use for green, or did before the paints dried out. How are you doing the white? I cant quite get mine looking right. 

You got that Wraithlord finished yet?? ;) 

It's not white, it's grey seer! ;)

I haven't started painting the wraithlord yet though. I'm alternating between my Blood Angels and Biel Tan so it'll probably be a couple weeks before I get to it I'll definitely post when it's done though!

• 1 month later...

The body of the wraithlord is done! The base needs a little work, and the weapons options (all of which are magnetized, including the ghost glaive) need to be done, but I'm happy with how it's coming out so far!

DFD55D50-4806-46D4-A3D7-00D64274D39B.jpeg

3B23A1DD-8B72-4FC3-8E67-7279D4951037.jpeg

The shading on the green does look really good and the red spirit stones provide a nice point of contrast.

I would be tempted to try to add some depth to the white using Apothocarion white. While very clean and crisp at the moment, it looks a little flat.

On 9/5/2022 at 7:43 PM, Karhedron said:

The shading on the green does look really good and the red spirit stones provide a nice point of contrast.

I would be tempted to try to add some depth to the white using Apothocarion white. While very clean and crisp at the moment, it looks a little flat.

Great work here, 

The new Shade wash/paint "Soul Blight Grey" would probably work really well here... 

M.

You should certainly be happy with that result! Shiny.

12 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

The new Shade wash/paint "Soul Blight Grey" would probably work really well here...

Quite so; I find big things really benefit from quite dark panel lining that selective washing gives... using a detail brush for something as dark as Drakenhof Nightshade between the main wraithbone plates (wrists, behind knees, elbows, lower waist) might really up the contrast and break up the bright white without much difficulty. It'll add visual weight without sacrficing the even finish already created. It may also help even out some of the tougher lines where the green and white meet...

This 'darker tone' could also be used for some of the more greebly bits to make the shuriken weapons a bit less flat, for instance (washing just the barrel/track and ammo to leave the casing white).

On 9/5/2022 at 5:43 AM, Karhedron said:

Apothocarion white

Not having used it, do you think a recess wash would go on before or after something like Apothecarion? My gut says after, with a possible cleaning pass of original white as needs be.

All told, a great standard for the table - looking forward to more : )

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic work! I have a Wraithlord coming my way, and I'm also planning on going green! Albeit in my case a homebrew/"Your Dudes" Craftworld split off from Biel-Tan, but still. It's a bit spooky actually as I'm planning on basing the colours on my old Dawn of War scheme for Eldar (Katre-Kaan they were called), which were reverse-colours Biel-Tan...much like those Guardians!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally done with my Autarchs! They took a bit longer than I expected, but I'm pretty happy with the result. 

Their loadouts are fully modular, so between the two bodies and all the magnetized bits I can make any combination of wargear (except for the scorpion chainsword and banshee blade. The star glaive is just so much better than the other two!)!766CC9C3-B984-44DE-A375-7C8F9B6BC9ED.thumb.jpeg.f912b0eb4d87279d7ecc9e7715379737.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Finished the next addition to my Biel Tan army: a squad of 5 Howling banshees!

it also marks my first time using a wet palette and thinning my paints...

the exarch's arms are also magnetized to allow either the executioner or mirror swords. 

C46F57CB-8486-4010-B0A1-5FE59878084B.jpeg

5191DF9A-D717-4862-BA9C-5C11BE65AD9A.jpeg