Yans tournament run

yan

Hi comrades!

welcome back to the hunt.

yesterday i’ve played my second tournament ever. And again was a really nice experience. Learned a lot and had only nice opponents.

heres my list (pre warzone nephilim)

**Chapter Selector**
Selections: Born Heroes , Custom Chapter, Hungry for Battle, Space Wolves Successor
Stratagems
A Trophy Bestowed [-1CP]
Thane of the Retinue [-1CP]

HQ
Captain on Bike [8 PL, 160pts, -1CP]
Selections: Bolt pistol, Chapter Command: Chapter Master, Hunter, Master-Crafted Weapon, Stratagem: Warrior of Legend, The Imperium's Sword, Thunder hammer, Warlord

Librarian [6 PL, 115pts]
Selections: 2. Murderous Hurricane, 5. Storm Caller, Boltgun, Force axe, Jump Pack, The Armour of Russ

Primaris Techmarine [4 PL, 80pts, -1CP]
Selections: Rites of War, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

Troops
Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]
4x Assault Intercessor
Selections: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
Assault Intercessor Sgt
Selections: Astartes Chainsword, Heavy Bolt Pistol

Grey Hunters [6 PL, 95pts]
Selections: 4x Astartes Chainsword
Grey Hunter Pack Leader
Selections: Astartes Chainsword
4x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol
Selections: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Boltgun, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
4x Incursor
Selections: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
Incursor Sergeant

Elites
Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 195pts]
Selections: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 195pts]
Selections: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Wolf Guard [7 PL, 135pts]
Selections: Jump Pack
Wolf Guard
Selections: Astartes Chainsword, Lightning Claw
Wolf Guard
Wolf Guard
Selections: Lightning Claw, Storm shield
Wolf Guard
Selections: Astartes Chainsword, Storm shield
Wolf Guard Pack Leader

Wulfen [6 PL, 145pts]
Wulfen Pack Leader
Selections: Wulfen Frost claws
4x Wulfen w/ thunder hammer & storm shield
Selections: 4x Storm Shield, 4x Thunder Hammer

Wulfen [6 PL, 145pts]
Wulfen Pack Leader
Selections: Wulfen Frost claws
4x Wulfen w/ thunder hammer & storm shield
Selections: 4x Storm Shield, 4x Thunder Hammer

Wulfen Dreadnought [7 PL, 135pts]
Great Wolf Claw and Blizzard Shield
Blizzard Shield
Selections: Blizzard shield, Heavy flamer
Great Wolf Claw
Selections: Heavy flamer

Fast Attack

Cyberwolves [1 PL, 15pts]
Cyberwolves [1 PL, 15pts]
Heavy Support

Long Fangs [7 PL, 175pts]
Selections: Armorium Cherub
Long Fang
Selections: Multi-melta
Long Fang
Long Fang
Long Fang
Long Fang Pack Leader
Selections: Astartes Chainsword
Boltgun and Bolt Pistol

Dedicated Transport

Drop Pod [4 PL, 70pts]
Selections: Storm bolter
Razorback [6 PL, 125pts]
Selections: Twin assault cannon

71745A8E-9766-4567-85D4-BB01DF6D0A95.jpeg

So the first round i played against chaos knights. Mission 11, recover the relics.

He brought a desecrator, despoiler, rampager and four wardog stalker squadrons.

I picked banners, bring it down and oaths.

He deployed very aggressively and had first turn. So he came immediately  over the half of the board with two wardogs and the rampager, closely follow by the rest.
 This made it really tough for me to push him back, i was hoping top use the terrain and block him halfway the board, but this allready didnt work out.

my drop pod came in his backfield, hoping to bracket his despoiler, but did almost nothing.

My dreads were to slow to be able to charge, so i comitted one unit of wulfen on a wardogs (i think to early) to save my objectives. They took it down but ofcourse got shot next turn.

he shot one redemptor to pieces and came forward again. Holding his three objectives and threatening two of mine.

My captain and redemptor charged his rampager and left it at 3wounds. He killed my redemptor in return. Next turn he fellback and shot the captain.

on the other side of the board my wulfguard charged his desecrator just to push him back a little. 
in the middle my wulfen dread, libby and tech marine charged a wardog. Left him at one wound. There he fought back and left the dread at two wounds. Then he fellback and shot them all to pieces again.

The libby surfived and chased the wardog to finnish him of. But then got shot at again.

my other unit of wulfen finished off the rampager and managed to get onto his objective. The middle was empty now and on the other flank my troop could successfully hide for the desecrator to keep the objective.

in the end it was a really close game and it became a tie! 81-81!

Next round i will tell you later!

Edited by yan

So the second game was against death guard. Again a really friendly opponent.

i felt quite secure going into this match  because a friend of mine plays death guard so i have some experience.

but i was quite surprised to see a complete different list on the table. Where im used to play against big blobs of terminators and plague marines, he now brought all kinds of demons that could summon other things.

We played mission 21, abandoned sanctuaries. I picked oaths, rnd, and stranglehold. 

He went first but didnt do much.

i moved the wulfguard to the center objective. Dropped the pod on the right objective and shot the devastators with keen senses, captain re rolls and the plasma dread into  a plagueburst crawler and did 5 wounds (wich he regenaraded in his turn)

He Shot my redemptor down to 5wounds with his crawler and killed the longfangs with two bloat drones. 

A unit of wulfen and the techmarine charged his bloat drones and didnt manage to kill it. He killed te wulfen and techmarine in return. Also i forgot to repair the redemptor, with the result that it got killed by one wound from his shooting.

i had moved the razorback to the center objective, so i could charge the wulfguard into his bloat drone to finish it off. But they failed aswell and got butcherd instead. I was failing allmost all my wound and save rolls so far.

here it felt that everything that was supposed to do damage wiffed so hard that it was hard to get back from. 
my razorback got shot of the middle by his blight haulers. So i moved my captain and wulfen dread there to deal with them, but they got killed by two other bloat drones.

At the end of turn four i only had some wulfen and a redemptor left on the left flank, wich he stayed well away from.

Space wolves lost. 54-83

FD79F915-7A2B-4BD2-BBF8-A9384DA1964E.jpeg