HH2.0 Dark Angels for an Intitate!

Mard

Brothers! I'm new to Heresy and 2.0 (Started to collect at the tail end of 1.0 but held off really getting into it till this edition dropped)
My local club scene is getting into 30k in a bit way and we're starting with a good slow grow that will culminate in 2k lists later on at the end of the year.
In preperation for that I'm come up with a 2k list I'm looking for advice on. Help an intiate out!?

HQ (2/3) 

Legion Praetor 
Base 
Minor Combi 
Terranic Greatsword 

Legion Herald 
Base 
Herald 
Power Fist 

ELITES (3/4) 

Companions 
Base 
+4 Companions 
Vexilla 
3x Cytheron Aegis 
1x Power Fist 
9x Minor Combi 
3x Terranic Greatswords 
Dedicated Land Raider Carrier 

Dreadwing Interemptors 
Base
+5 Interemptors
2x Missile Launcher or Heavy Incinerator (Not sure yet) 
1x Phosphox 
Dedicated Land Raider Carrier 

Apothecary Detachment 
Base 
Power Weapon 
Apothecary 

TROOPS (2/6)

Tactical Squad 
Base
Vexilla 
Power Sword 
9x Bayonets 
Dedicated Rhino 

Tactical Squad 
Base 
5x Marines 
Vexilla 
Heavy Chain Sword 
14x Bayonets 

FAST ATTACK (0/3) 0pts

HEAVY SUPPORT (1/3) 

Legion Deredeo Dreadnought
Base
Heavy Lascanon Battery 
Boreas Air defence Missiles 

FORTIFICATIONS (0/1)

PRIMARCH (0/1)

TOTAL: 1997pts

Edited by Mard
Removed the points breakdown!

I'm collecting Dark Angels myself, so very interested to see this. 

Your list is actually quite similar to what I've been thinking about, especially the Companions plus Herald. I want to give mine jump packs though, rather than a Land Raider.

I'd be inclined to find the points to give all the Companions Terranic Greatswords as they are so much better than Calibanite Warblades. They're just generally very good, especially with the power armoured Companions as you can bring them in decent numbers. The Companions should hit hard, especially on the charge. Against elite enemies you can deploy the aegises to drop their initiative and hopefully kill them off before they can hit you if you need to, or if you need the attacks you can have your aegis guys fight as normal. Terranics are also pretty decent against dreadnoughts, basically every wound you do will be AP2 and d3 wounds.

There's a few ways you could find the points to add more Greatswords. Dropping the Praetor to be a Delegatus is one way.

10 Interemptors is a lot and you might find it a bit difficult to line up the templates? Worth experimenting with though. Their overwatch would be seriously unpleasant.

You might want to do a few things...

One fix your signature from the update.

Two take the point cost off your list here as that is a no-no from back in the day.  No worries we have all done this one or twice before someone points it out.  

Three who is your HQ choice for games below 1000 points I have used a Delagutus to good effect back in the day (Use the Praetor model and just rename it for smaller games, no one will mind) I assume this is a total list you will be building towards.  What is your game plan for smaller games just take units off as you play smaller games or is there a different list...Either way I look forward to see it.

Thanks Capitano - Sig sorted and points removed.

The 2k list is what I aim for at the very end, I'll downgrade a few things like the Praetor for the start of the journey and Land Raiders might be Rhinos in earlier games as well.
Just after feedback on the end game so to speak.

Edited by Mard
Spelling!

44 minutes ago, Mard said:

Thanks Capitano - Sig sorted and points removed.

The 2k list is what I aim for at the very end, I'll downgrade a few things like the Praetor for the start of the journey and Land Raiders might be Rhinos in earlier games as well.
Just after feedback on the end game so to speak.

Makes sense...the Praetor as we all know can be used in 1k games and larger...thus a 1k game is fine...but they eat up a lot of points.  Also in the smaller 1000-1500 point games the list tend to be similar: Random HQ, two tactical squads and bolt on extras.

With the Rhinos capacity going to 12 from 10 that helps put the HQ choices in the Rhinos instead of having smaller Vet squads in the rhinos.  This should mean more terminator units.  Hopefully...

Who does the solo apothecary attach to anyway?  Where needed or every time squad X.

I have a Deredo as well for the same reason.  Nice to have as Air Support is a bit different in 30k from 9th 40k...

One Apoth for the Comapnions/Herald/Praetor
One for the 15man Tactical squad.

I had to get that Deredeo in as I love the model first and formost. Plus some anti air is fantastic... and if no anto air, the missiles will do just fine hitting anything else :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 11:16 PM, Mard said:

One Apoth for the Comapnions/Herald/Praetor
One for the 15man Tactical squad.

I had to get that Deredeo in as I love the model first and formost. Plus some anti air is fantastic... and if no anto air, the missiles will do just fine hitting anything else :D

10/10 agree i have one that was supposed to be Iron Warriors back in the day...but never made it there

Guess mine is going with the Word...of the emperor...?

You can also find Terranic Greatsword points by dropping some minor-combi weapons from companions. They're presumably riding up to their charge target and then getting out and charging, so when are they going to fire them and how many times during the game? If they can disembark 2" away from their target great, but if it's too far away (or your opponent Withdraws after you disembark), and you kill a few, you may just end up missing your charge. Maybe just take 4-5 instead of 9? The points could also be spent upgrading bayonets to chain bayonets.

I'd go with the Heavy Incinerator, the new rules for rad missiles make me sad.

Why the 3rd shield on the Companions? You should always get to determine where wounds go due to Death-sworn Companions, so no worries about a shield getting sniped.