Saga of the Nephilim Sky Claws

TiguriusX

Will be a week or so before i play but i have finally settled on a list to test and officially submitted the following list.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Space Wolves) [106 PL, 1CP, 1,999pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Born Heroes , Red Scorpions, Space Wolves Successor, Whirlwind of Rage

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: 4. Chapter Approved: War Zone Nephilim

+ Stratagems +

A Trophy Bestowed [-1CP]

Stratagem: Relic of the Chapter [-2CP]: 2x Number of Extra Relics

Thane of the Retinue [-1CP]

+ Agents of the Imperium +

Culexus Assassin [5 PL, 100pts]: Animus Speculum, Psyk-out Grenades

+ HQ +

Casan Sabius [8 PL, 145pts]: Blade of the Scorpion, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades

Chaplain [7 PL, -1CP, 140pts]: 2. Catechism of Fire, 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Chapter Command: Master of Sanctity, Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Jump Pack, Litany of Hate, Power fist, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Armour of Russ, Wise Orator

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]

. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol

. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol

Infiltrator Squad [6 PL, 120pts]

. 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine

. Infiltrator Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Marksman bolt carbine

. 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine

. Infiltrator Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Marksman bolt carbine

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [12 PL, 200pts]: 2x Flamestorm Gauntlets, 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant

Judiciar [5 PL, 85pts]: Absolver Bolt pistol, Executioner Relic Blade, Frag & Krak grenades, Rites of War, The Armour Indomitus, Warlord

Wulfen [6 PL, 145pts]

. Wulfen Pack Leader: Wulfen Frost claws

. 4x Wulfen w/ thunder hammer & storm shield: 4x Storm Shield, 4x Thunder Hammer

+ Fast Attack +

Land Speeder Tornadoes [4 PL, 85pts]

. Land Speeder Tornado: Assault cannon, Multi-melta

Skyclaws [8 PL, 143pts]

. Skyclaw: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Jump Pack

. Skyclaw Pack Leader: Frag & Krak grenades, Jump Pack, Meltagun, Power fist

. Skyclaw with Special Weapon: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Jump Pack, Meltagun

. Wolf Guard Skyclaw Pack Leader: Combi-melta, Jump Pack, Power fist

Skyclaws [8 PL, 143pts]

. Skyclaw with Special Weapon: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Jump Pack, Meltagun

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad [14 PL, 205pts]: Heavy melta rifle

. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol

. Eradicator Sgt: Bolt pistol

. Eradicator with MM: Bolt pistol, Multi-melta

Long Fangs [8 PL, 203pts]: Armorium Cherub

. Long Fang: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Multi-melta

. Long Fang: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Grav-cannon

. Long Fang Pack Leader: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Morkai's Teeth Bolts

. . Boltgun and Bolt Pistol: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

+ Dedicated Transport +

Drop Pod [4 PL, 70pts]: Storm bolter

++ Total: [106 PL, 1CP, 1,999pts] ++

Most of my favorite scorpion wolves remain

I chose fire aggressors to shave points and it synergizes with chaplain choices

With more CP in later turns i have new tricks to test

Assault intercessors fighting twice gives objective stealing options late game.  I get 2 CP a turn...this is 1 way to use it.  With canticle of hate buff they can fly across the board on a double fight and use their OBSEC to ruin scoring.

Skyclaws are fairly cheap all rounders for me.  3 melta shots and 2 PFs can handle transport and cargo clearing or monster hunting.

I dont care about losing the A+1 due to successor bc the scorpion CM slaps it right back on

My LS storms are nerfed so i replaced them with LS and MM at first.  A cyber wolf + LS storm is same exact cost.  Original list had 3 of those before i swapped in sky claws.

Ended up with a single upgraded LS instead.  Has enough guns to clear chaff from an objective hopefully

No idea how this list will perform bc i need to field test new secondary choices.  

Chime in with ideas or questions if you have them!

No Advance and Charge in this iteration of the list? Charge rerolls will help mitigate that a little, but don't you think you'll miss the extra range from advance before getting into combat?

Very curious to read this new Saga, Nephilim looks like a very different animal to tackle than what 9th has been so far. Good luck!

I would  increase your skyclaw unit count to 10.

The Judicier is on foot and won’t do too much, doubtful he will get into the fight very often.  Same concern with your Aggressors and Assault Intercessors.  Switch the Assault Intercessors to Intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles and to shoot on their way to a midfield objective.  Swap for a Phobos Librarian, with Instincts Awoken, double exploding 6’s is HUGE, and Storm Caller, to put all your footsloggers in cover while in the open.  Add in Armor Indomitus, for extra survivability, or Reliquary of Gathalamor, for the best anti-psycher relic.

Your Chaplain or Librarian should be your Warlord with a second Warlord trait.  That trait should be Saga of Majesty for the Chaplain to extend his Litanies and aura 3”, or Saga of the Hunter on your Librarian so the foot sloggers can advance and charge.

I like the Infiltrators, just try to add the Helix to ignore the first failed wound each round, they survive incredibly.  

9 hours ago, jpwyrm said:

No Advance and Charge in this iteration of the list? Charge rerolls will help mitigate that a little, but don't you think you'll miss the extra range from advance before getting into combat?

Very curious to read this new Saga, Nephilim looks like a very different animal to tackle than what 9th has been so far. Good luck!

Advance and charge aura was more wish listing than actual game experience in prior sagas

Chaplain is supposed to suppport and not kamikaze forward...so he should be ok as well

I could add hunter but then i would start with 0 CP and i dont feel comfortable....we will see if i need to swap things in the future

4 hours ago, CCE1981 said:

I would  increase your skyclaw unit count to 10.

The Judicier is on foot and won’t do too much, doubtful he will get into the fight very often.  Same concern with your Aggressors and Assault Intercessors.  Switch the Assault Intercessors to Intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles and to shoot on their way to a midfield objective.  Swap for a Phobos Librarian, with Instincts Awoken, double exploding 6’s is HUGE, and Storm Caller, to put all your footsloggers in cover while in the open.  Add in Armor Indomitus, for extra survivability, or Reliquary of Gathalamor, for the best anti-psycher relic.

Your Chaplain or Librarian should be your Warlord with a second Warlord trait.  That trait should be Saga of Majesty for the Chaplain to extend his Litanies and aura 3”, or Saga of the Hunter on your Librarian so the foot sloggers can advance and charge.

I like the Infiltrators, just try to add the Helix to ignore the first failed wound each round, they survive incredibly.  

Not trying to make sky claws the focus of the list.  The new points make them close enough to replace WG woth jump packs.  They are a cheap versatile support unit.

I theory crafted large sky claw units but it was too expensive and the rest of the army didnt feel right to me

Judiciar is a new addition to test.  I needed a source for rites of war and he adds good abilities for how i play.  he is a defensive unit and just needs to hug a wall and deny enemy melee from alpha striking my melee.

if i need to attack and put obsec on an objective then judiciar can advance and i daisy chain other unit as needed

There are many different things to test with new meta shift.  All your ideas would result in a completely different army.  Some ideas i have already tried )flame v bolt) and didnt like or need (majesty for example).

most decisions in the current list are points shaving (flame v bolts...chaplain with catechism of fire and reroll all melee hits is a deadly flame aggressor...just 6" less range) or cp shaving (less WL traits)

The bad news is I didn't know I could run Sky claws with 4 melta guns when I submitted my list.

The good news is I have finished game #1!!

I need to figure out a new way to do these batreps though...I can't load images and then put text between them right now.

It is a big image dump at the end....sorry!!

Copenhammer XV
Round 1 v DG
Table 7 

Mission 11 (Recover relics)

My army

Spoiler

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Space Wolves) [106 PL, 1CP, 1,999pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Born Heroes , Red Scorpions, Space Wolves Successor, Whirlwind of Rage

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

A Trophy Bestowed [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Casan Sabius [8 PL, 145pts]: Blade of the Scorpion, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades

Chaplain [7 PL, -1CP, 140pts]: 2. Catechism of Fire, 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Chapter Command: Master of Sanctity, Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Jump Pack, Litany of Hate, Power fist, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Armour of Russ, Wise Orator

+ Troops +

. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [12 PL, 200pts]: 2x Flamestorm Gauntlets, 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant

Judiciar [5 PL, 85pts]: Absolver Bolt pistol, Executioner Relic Blade, Frag & Krak grenades, Rites of War, The Armour Indomitus, Warlord

Wulfen [6 PL, 145pts]
. 4x Wulfen w/ thunder hammer & storm shield: 4x Storm Shield, 4x Thunder Hammer

+ Fast Attack +

Skyclaws [8 PL, 143pts]

Skyclaws [8 PL, 143pts]

+ Heavy Support +

. Long Fang Pack Leader: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Morkai's Teeth Bolts

+ Dedicated Transport +

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

His army

Spoiler

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [115 PL, 4CP, 1,998pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

Plague Company: Mortarion's Anvil

+ Stratagems +

Gifts of Decay [-1CP]: Additional Relics

+ HQ +

Death Guard Daemon Prince [10 PL, 185pts]: 6. Gift of Plagues, Foetid Wings, Gloaming Bloat, Hellforged sword, Warlord, Warp Insect Hive

Malignant Plaguecaster [5 PL, 90pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 4. Putrescent Vitality

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [12 PL, 210pts]
. Plague Champion: Plague knife, Plasma gun, Power fist
. 2x Plague Marine w/ blight launcher: 2x Blight grenades, 2x Blight launcher, 2x Krak grenades, 2x Plague knife
. 2x Plague Marine w/ cleaver: 2x Blight grenades, 2x Great plague cleaver, 2x Krak grenades, 2x Plague knife
. 2x Plague Marine w/ flail: 2x Blight grenades, 2x Flail of corruption, 2x Krak grenades, 2x Plague knife
. Plague Marine w/ plague spewer
. Plague Marine w/ special weapon: Plasma gun

Plague Marines [12 PL, 210pts]
. 2x Plague Marine w/ blight launcher: 2x Blight grenades, 2x Blight launcher, 2x Krak grenades, 2x Plague knife
. 2x Plague Marine w/ cleaver: 2x Blight grenades, 2x Great plague cleaver, 2x Krak grenades, 2x Plague knife
. 2x Plague Marine w/ flail: 2x Blight grenades, 2x Flail of corruption, 2x Krak grenades, 2x Plague knife
. Plague Marine w/ plague spewer

Plague Marines [6 PL, 105pts]
. Plague Marine w/ blight launcher
. Plague Marine w/ cleaver
. Plague Marine w/ flail
. Plague Marine w/ mace and axe

Plague Marines [6 PL, 105pts]
. Plague Marine w/ blight launcher
. Plague Marine w/ cleaver
. Plague Marine w/ flail
. Plague Marine w/ mace and axe

+ Elites +

Deathshroud Terminators [19 PL, 265pts]
. Deathshroud Champion: Explosive Outbreak, Plaguespurt gauntlet
. 4x Deathshroud Terminator: 4x Manreaper, 4x Plaguespurt gauntlet

Foul Blightspawn [5 PL, -1CP, 90pts]: 4. Arch-Contaminator, Plaguechosen, Revolting Stench-vats

+ Fast Attack +

Chaos Spawn [1 PL, 23pts]: Chaos Spawn

Foetid Bloat-drone [7 PL, 120pts]: Fleshmower

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 145pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy slugger

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 80pts]

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 80pts]

++ Total: [115 PL, 2CP, 1,998pts] ++

Ignore the CP totals...Battlescribe isn't capturing the warlord/relic starting cost correctly yet

I started with 0

He started with 2

Pregame & Deployment

Spoiler

He has a ton of vehicles...looks like a good game to bring out the upgraded GLORY KILLS secondary
I don't like artillery but AOC and indirect fire mean his guns have AP0...if I can find cover I just need a little luck

My picks
Glory kills
Raise banners
Oath

His picks
Spread the sickness
No prisoners
Psychic interrogation

I reserve 1 skyclaw and LF go in DP
He puts his big plague marines in rhinos

My infiltrators have no reserves to defend so I put them forward on objectives

The chaplain and aggressor battle group is left side

Wulfen and eradicator battle group right side

BATREP

Spoiler

He wins roll to go first...woo hoo!!!  Oath of moment activate!

He moves up and into cover

Does 1 of his special secondary actions
Interrogates my assassin (stupid mechanic that the anti psyker can be hit with this)

I take 0 wounds after salvo 1 against my wulfen...phew!

My turn
Do NOT bring DP in
Move LS to middle for oath and fire at only exposed troop I see
Burn CP to reroll melta damage of 1 and manage to kill 1 terminator

Everyone else moves up and raises banners etc.

Turn 2

He shuffles a PBC to shoot LS but only lands a single 3 damage stratagem mortar
2 other PBC fire but leave it on 1 wound
Interrogates my assassin with an 11 and gets a CP
His DP perils

He does not push his ground forces forward

My turn
Skyclaws get assault doctrine + catechism of fire and launch after his rhino
LS pushes to get angle on PBC and spawn

Aggressors, eradicators and wulfen push up to prepare for next turn

I have the wulfen in that location to avoid fire from the plague marines

Eradicators are also safe from PBC direct fire

LF drop middle to line up shot on the exposed PBC
LF get keen senses and fire...Morkai bolt hits but everything else is a super fail
I literally roll 5 2s to wound...after using my cherub I land a grand total of 1 damage to his PBC...I am so sad

LS tries to make up for it by killing the spawn with his assault cannon and dropping 5 more wounds on the PBC...but I am still sad

Skyclaws roll all 1s with meltas and catechism of fire to do 0 damage to rhino...sadness intensifies

I joke SW prefer melee anyways

Skyclaws charge in and ONLY go after the rhino
They do get 3 6's with PF to punch Rhino open
3 die to disembark and 2 more to morale...woo hoo

Turn 3
He disembarks and pushes up aggressively right side

Assassin stops all spells except interrogate

PBC do 0 wounds to wulfen again
He makes most of his charges (large marine into my incursors after using a CP)
Terminators into my LFs in middle
Everything hits sky claws on left flank

Kills incursors / LF / skyclaws in melee for max relic points
5/6 sky claws die and I fail morale

My turn

Chaplain fails to chant reroll all hits...does chant +2 charge

I counter attack hard

Left flank I send chaplain and aggressors in

Flamers cause 1 wound (2+ saves are real good)

Reserved sky claws drop in the rear left b/c I have a chance to assassinate his stupid revolting stench vat character

I hit with 2 melta after using a CP but only wound once.  He takes 3 wounds and lives with 1 wound remaining (really wish I had the 4 melta sky claws right now)

It was a gamble...I knew the risks!

Right flank I send judiciar, wulfen and assault intercessors after his marines

Eradicators get CM rerolls and walk to get LOS on his flesh mower.  It is worth 3 glory kill points and I can't pass that up.  I kill it easily.

CM runs back to touch my home objective

I make all the charges and also charge with eradicators to get them away from the middle

Spend 1 CP for death to the traitors on my wulfen...reroll all hits

The TH alone are enough to smash 10/10 plague marines

Everyone else uses movement to take up a good position but I make 1 minor mistake...in my haste I don't leave a gap for judiciar to move around freely.

Aggressor and chaplain combat not so good.  With his buffs in place that deny me counts as charging my aggressors do 3 wounds total.

Chaplain picks up some of the slack though and combined they kill 4/5 marines

Bad news is assassin died by failing 2 saves...failed to tarpit his other squad of marines

Turn 4
All 3 PBC fire at sky claws killing 6/6

They were in the open and ate a ton of fire.  I knew the risks...

He makes all charges except marine into my incursors...a big fail to be honest
Terminators kill my wulfen
I kill 4/4 in return fighting on death...good thing a LS picked one off earlier!

DP kills eradicators

Left flank he beats my chaplain and aggressor force.  Without buffs my guys aren't doing too hot.

Chaplain takes 2 damage and I lose 2 aggressors.

Good news is I kill the character and remove his debuffs and score glorykills in the process

My turn

CM buffs himself with reroll all hits AND A+1

I roll a 6 to advance my infiltrators and they daisy chain to cover 2 objectives

CM is now free to kamikaze towards DP

Assault intercessors move forward and charge into his 5 man plague marine squad

I give savage strike to the AI b/c they need to win the combat...I slaughter them easily and then consolidate onto his objective and steal it and hug the rhino

CM does 4 damage into prince
Judiciar does 2 more but the DP survives with 1 wound left....sheeeeet

DP activates after fighting last and obliterates the CM easily

Left flank is a tarpit and not going well...he kills my chaplain and my aggressors punch 1 more marine

Turn 5

His PBC blast my assault intercessors to death...Transhuman didn't prevent a single wound LOL.

He finishes off my aggressors as well

In melee my judiciar kills the DP and then consolidates towards enemy lines

My turn

The judiciar walks to the objective and raises a banner

That also gives me hold more...the slow judiciar with OBSEC has managed to reach enemy territory 

Final and recap

Spoiler

92-87

SW victory!!!

That was my first official game of Nephilim...and I think my first game of 40K in like a month or so.  Been a while.

I REALLY like the new CP system.  I kept getting a trickle of CP to do what I needed to do all game.

We don't have any big crazy 3+ CP combo tricks so I don't mind the low starting amount

Glory Kills was also amazing for me.  3 points for killing vehicles including dinky transports?  Yes please!!!  

Sky claws were not bad.  I need to learn how best to use them still.  I know the mobility etc. scared my opponent and he didn't want to push forward.

Aggressors didn't perform too well this game.  They did tarpit and keep him away from my backfield though.

Judiciar and assault intercessor new additions were a big deal.  They won me the right flank and probably the game with their late game performance.

An earlier comment talked about the slow speed of the judiciar but I hope this game showed why I am not concerned.

The judiciar is a take and hold unit.  If nobody approaches I am fine.  

If someone does approach I get to use all the free melee combat movement to slingshot.

After killing the DP I got free movement towards the enemy objective.

I had CP remaining so I could have done the 6" consolidate to get even closer if I wanted to.  

In a future I can also attempt to charge anything near an objective to keep going.  If my opponent is trying to hold on with a garbage unit the judiciar will kill it or just OBSEC the point and tank the hits.

Also...the 1 model I built during the pandemic is a custom judiciar and I really want to put him on the field!!!!

Table7.jpg

Deployment.jpg

Turn1A.jpg

Turn1B.jpg

Turn2A.jpg

Turn2B.jpg

Turn3A.jpg

Turn3B.jpg

Turn4A.jpg

Turn4B.jpg

Turn5A.jpg

Turn5B.jpg

Final.jpg

Judiciar!.jpg

Cool report! The Skyclaws with 3-4 meltas and fists look very nice. I wish we could do that as Raven Guard 

The higher CP replenishment rate is nice for a cheeky double-fight on the Assault Intercessors - makes them a little more attractive as a troop choice

Looking forward to reading your next game.

Field testing means I put lists together to try specific things.

Here is round 1 in another version built around Mental Interrogation

EthicalHammer3

Round 1 v Necrons

Map-City fight

Secure Missing Artefacts

My army

Spoiler

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Space Wolves) [106 PL, 2CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Custom Chapter, Space Wolves Successor, Stalwart, Whirlwind of Rage

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

A Trophy Bestowed [-1CP]

Stratagem: Relic of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics

+ HQ +

Librarian in Phobos Armour [5 PL, -1CP, 100pts]: 2. Murderous Hurricane, 5. Storm Caller, Bolt pistol, Camo cloak, Force sword, Frag & Krak grenades, Resolve of the Bear, Rites of War, Smite, Stratagem: Warrior of Legend, The Armour of Russ, Warlord

Librarian in Phobos Armour [6 PL, -1CP, 125pts]: 1. Shoot and Fade, 3) Mind Raid, 5) Tenebrous Curse, 6) Temporal Corridor, Bolt pistol, Camo cloak, Chapter Command: Chief Librarian, Force sword, Frag & Krak grenades, Purgatorus, Smite, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 115pts]
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Thunder hammer

+ Elites +

Wolf Guard Terminators [18 PL, 279pts]
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour: Chainfist, Storm bolter
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour: Lightning Claw, Storm bolter
. Wolf Guard Terminator Pack Leader: Chainfist, Storm bolter

Wulfen [6 PL, 145pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Skyclaws [8 PL, 148pts]

Skyclaws [8 PL, 148pts]

Skyclaws [8 PL, 148pts]

+ Heavy Support +

. Long Fang Pack Leader: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades

+ Dedicated Transport +

++ Total: [106 PL, 2CP, 2,000pts] ++

The double phobos RP means I can always get in range then fall back safely

Shoot and fade has a relic pistol for 18" range

If nobody is visible I rely on temporal corridor to get back out of LOS

The terminators + stalwart choice mean I have tanks that can take and hold objectives for primary scoring

The sky claws all have 4 melta and 2 PF...great utility AND if I need to play retrieve data they auto score

His army

Spoiler

++ Battalion Detachment -3CP (Necrons) [81 PL, -5CP, 1,595pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

Dynasty Choice: Circumstance of Awakening: Relentlessly Expansionist, Dynastic Tradition: Eternal Conquerors, Dynasty: <Custom>

+ No Force Org Slot +

Dynastic Advisor [6 PL, 100pts]
. Chronomancer: Arkana: Prismatic Obfuscatron, Entropic Lance

+ HQ +

Chronomancer [6 PL, -1CP, 105pts]: Arkana: Hypermaterial Ablator, Dynastic Heirlooms, Entropic Lance, Relic: Veil of Darkness

Illuminor Szeras [8 PL, 145pts]

Lord [5 PL, -1CP, 90pts]: Dynastic Heirlooms, Relic: Orb of Eternity, Resurrection Orb, Warscythe

+ Troops +

Immortals [4 PL, 80pts]: Gauss Blaster, 5x Immortal

Necron Warriors [12 PL, 260pts]
. 20x Necron Warrior (Gauss Reaper): 20x Gauss Reaper

Necron Warriors [12 PL, 260pts]
. 20x Necron Warrior (Gauss Reaper): 20x Gauss Reaper

+ Elites +

Deathmarks [4 PL, 75pts]
. 5x Deathmark: 5x Synaptic Disintegrator

Skorpekh Destroyers [8 PL, 150pts]: Skorpekh Destroyer (Reap-Blade)
. 4x Skorpekh Destroyer (Thresher): 4x Hyperphase Threshers

Skorpekh Destroyers [8 PL, 150pts]: Skorpekh Destroyer (Reap-Blade)
. 4x Skorpekh Destroyer (Thresher): 4x Hyperphase Threshers

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [4 PL, 90pts]
. 6x Canoptek Scarab Swarm: 6x Feeder Mandibles

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [4 PL, 90pts]
. 6x Canoptek Scarab Swarm: 6x Feeder Mandibles

++ Supreme Command Detachment +3CP (Necrons) [21 PL, 12CP, 400pts] ++

+ Configuration +

[Reference] Command Protocols (All)

Detachment Command Cost [3CP]

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Sautekh

+ Primarch | Daemon Primarch | Supreme Commander +

The Silent King [21 PL, 3CP, 400pts]
. 2x Triarchal Menhir: 2x Annihilator Beam

++ Total: [102 PL, 7CP, 1,995pts] ++

Pregame & Deployment

Spoiler

Haven't played necrons in a while.  Most necron players said the army was trash in the meta.

Nephilim change to secondaries and the buff to Silent King have made necrons rise from the dead (hee hee)

If you aren't aware...necrons have some great secondary scoring now that they can take unlimited faction choices

And the silent king has core...so reroll and his menhirs can be resurrected if he is still alive

My plan?  Hit him REAL hard or not at all...just like other necrons

I pick
Oath
Glory Kills (silent king is worth 5 if he dies or 2 if I simply wound him)
Psychic interrogation

He picks
Treasures of Aeons
Code of Combat
Ancient machineries

He wins roll for deployment and ends up moving the middle objectives to be in no mans land

This greatly benefits him as necron secondaries are based on objectives in middle

Terminators and 2 sky claws in reserve

LF in DP

He counters with his deathmarks to hunt me

Wulfen have great LOS blocking buildings to use on right flank

Terminators have to suck it up and go middle left and rely on their armor + light cover

1 infiltrator in rear to secure objective and stop a dark crystal

1 infiltrator in mid to sacrifice and score points early

BATREP

Spoiler

He gets 1st turn

Pushes up with pre game move and then regular movement secures all the middle objectives
Quick 5 points from his necron secondary already

My turn

Assault intercessors advance out of their bottom left corner (they were zoning out dark crystal turn 1 strike)

I push up and have to risk the terminators
I make 7" charge with terminators but burn a CP to do it
I kill all his scarabs to take objective

Infiltrators make charge into middle but he ressurects and move blocks 1 model from getting into middle for oath...lucky for me he causes 3 wounds and I remove that model

Infiltrators fail morale but I get the middle for 2 oath points still

Turn 2

He falls back from incursors and gets to fire anyways...they get blasted

Shooting only kills 2 terminators in cover...2+ saves are not easy to pop
In melee I fail all but 2 4+ saves and lose the squad to his destroyers

My turn
I move up and start my counter attack

Skyclaws go into assault doctrine and go after his destroyers

Assault intercessors move up too

Wulfen go yolo into midfield

I get mental interrogation + mind raid CP for a big boost in CP

LF come in top right corner out of LOS from most of his guns.  Plan is wipe destroyers then move up and hunt Silent King

He counter drops with his deathmarks and does 3 wounds...I remove grav cannon

LF pop keen senses  and kill 3/5 destroyers only...he used strat for -1 to wound...I needed 4s!

Skyclaws drop within 9" of his deathmarks and kill a few with melta.  They make 9" charge and 2 survive to be hugged

Terminators drop middle and fire SB at warriors...they fail 9" charge but at least they are on the board

Last Skyclaws drop on left to shoot destroyers and help with the mop up there

Wulfen kill 2 total necron warriors in their charge but make it to middle for oath
He kills wulfen pack leader in return
I wipe destroyers left flank with a huge amount of melee and made him fight last

Everyone on the left flank was involved

Assault intercessors

Sky1 

Sky2 from reserve made their 9" charge

RP with armor of russ got in for fight last as well

Turn 3
Desperate breakout kills 6 warriors (more than I have all game LOL)

He shoots at my sky claws and terminators but doesn't do much damage.  He hates AOC

In melee the surviving destroyers charge LF
LF overwatch kills 1 destroyer
I lose packleader only in melee and kill him in return
I use CP to consolidate 6 inches and geat direct LOS on silent king
The 2 CP i got from psychic phase all went into this game turning sequence for LFs

Silent king charges wulfen...I'm happy with it
He kills 3/4 TH wulfen and I pass morale with survivor
Wulfen kill both menhirs and drop SK to 10 wounds

My turn
Wulfen sole survivor falls back from melee with silent king so I can blast him
LF kill Silent King and he explodes 4" (basically his army only)
He loses a ton of models and a character

Terminators kill 7 rear warriors with SB (surprise here honestly)

I annihilate everything I touch in melee and sweep across the board hard

Terminators charge mid board warriors with 10 models left and wipe them
Skyclaws had all hopped point blank and melta then charge in
right flank they clear his scarabs and take a point
left flank they kill 3 characters and then hug his rear warriors

We both clock out at the end of the turn but I am holding the entire board basically.

Even without clock we agree I am in commanding position

Final and recap

Spoiler

82-68

SW victory!!!

I was expecting a bad loss until his silent king charged my wulfen and my LF reversed the game 

Those necron secondaries are auto point generators.  I knew I had to rip him off objectives and take away his bodies.

Sky claws are REAL versatile with this layout.  They also spike...which is a choice I made taking whirlwind instead of born heroes. 

One combat I landed 3 PFs in assault doctrine with 6s to hit and exploded into 9 that just wrecked his guys.

Mental interrogation makes me sad b/c I can't use the spells on that psyker.  After getting mind raid and mental interrogation CP I wanted to do that all game LOL...but I needed murderous hurricane in effect and swapped who was casting a few times.

Deployment.jpg

Deployment2.jpg

Turn1A.jpg

Turn1B.jpg

Turn2B.jpg

Turn3A.jpg

Turn3B.jpg

Final.jpg

Edited by TiguriusX

Copenhammer XV Round 2

Table 8 v Sisters

Mission 22-Conversion

My army

Spoiler

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

A Trophy Bestowed [-1CP]

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

+ Elites +

Wulfen [6 PL, 145pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Skyclaws [8 PL, 143pts]

Skyclaws [8 PL, 143pts]

+ Heavy Support +

+ Dedicated Transport +

His army

Spoiler

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adepta Sororitas) [100 PL, 4CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

Order Convictions: Order: Bloody Rose

+ No Force Org Slot +

Repentia Superior [2 PL, 40pts]: Bolt pistol

+ HQ +

Celestine and Geminae Superia [10 PL, 200pts]
. 2x Geminae Superia: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Power sword

Morvenn Vahl [14 PL, 280pts]: Warlord

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [3 PL, 55pts]
. 4x Battle Sister: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Boltgun, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Sister Superior: Chainsword
. . Bolt Pistol & Boltgun

+ Elites +

Celestian Sacresants [8 PL, 155pts]
. 9x Celestian Sacresant (Anointed Halberd): 9x Anointed Halberd, 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades
. Sacresant Superior: Bolt pistol, Spear of the Faithful

Dogmata [4 PL, -1CP, 65pts]: 1. Refrain of Blazing Piety, 2. Chorus of Spiritual Fortitude, Relic: The Sigil Ecclesiasticus, Stratagem: Open the Reliquaries

Hospitaller [3 PL, -1CP, 50pts]: Relic: Litanies of Faith, Stratagem: Relic

Sisters Repentia [6 PL, 126pts]
. 9x Sisters Repentia: 9x Penitent Eviscerator

Sisters Repentia [6 PL, 112pts]
. 8x Sisters Repentia: 8x Penitent Eviscerator

Sisters Repentia [6 PL, 112pts]
. 8x Sisters Repentia: 8x Penitent Eviscerator

+ Fast Attack +

Zephyrim Squad [8 PL, 155pts]
. 9x Zephyrim: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades, 9x Power sword
. Zephyrim Superior: Bolt pistol, Zephyrim Pennant

Zephyrim Squad [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Zephyrim: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Power sword

Zephyrim Squad [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Zephyrim: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Power sword

+ Heavy Support +

Retributor Squad [6 PL, 150pts]: Armourium Cherub
. Retributor Superior: Chainsword
. Retributor w/ Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta

Retributor Squad [6 PL, 150pts]: Armourium Cherub
. Retributor Superior: Chainsword

+ Dedicated Transport +

Sororitas Rhino [4 PL, 80pts]

++ Total: [100 PL, 4CP, 2,000pts] ++

Pregame & Deployment

Spoiler

Sisters are top tier in current meta.
1 main reason is stupid celestine is no longer worth 10 assassination points.

Too much effort required to get in and kill her...especially in a melee centric army...we can't kill her in a single turn like others who have shooting/psychic damage can

Gonna be a pain...

I pick
-Assassination
-Shock 
-RND

Testing how the army performs secondaries...6 man sky claws have the potential to auto pass RND in theory

He picks
-Defend shrine
-No prisoners
-Sacred Ground

LF in DP
Both skyclaws in reserve

8 repentia in the rhino

BATREP

Spoiler

I get 1st turn...doh

LF fails to kill rhino out of DS
Grav got BS2 and double fired at zephyrm to kill 4/5
LS fails to kill rhino but AC finishes last zephyrm
I burn eradicators to finish the job

His turn

His MM only kill 1 eradicator
I pull from range so cherub can't work

Vahl kills 1 LF  b/c I make 3/4 armor saves (AOC awesome!)

Repentia charge LS and culexus but fail to kill culexus (1 wound remains).  Opponent is miffed and really  upset.  I tell him relax I bet I roll an explosion on the LS now)

LS explodes and kills assassin anyways and we both have a good laugh.

Turn 2
Aggressors flame repentia to death
I shoot his retributors but fail to kill enough

Decide NOT to bring in sky claws (think this was a mistake...could have used the reinforcements for counter charge)

I send wulfen to wipe sisters and consolidate behind wall to get close

After I finished I wished I had gone after the middle wall instead...doh

Judiciar had to kamikaze into the middle to score SHOCK and mission secondary.  Die a good death dude!

His turn

He resurrects 3 retributors (DOH!!!)

His retributors move to blast my wulfen and eradicators
Eradicators die
3 Wulfen survive MM blasts (yay)

Sacrasants, Zephrym and Celestine go into my main force with aggressors and chaplain

He leads with sacrasants with a few in light cover for 2+ saves...I spend CP and overwatch anyways

18 flamer wounds go into sacrasants
Saving on 2s I manage to kill all but 1 (was not expecting that)

Zeph kill 4/5 aggressors and 5/5 LF

Aggressor SGT survivor kills 2 Zeph in return

Repentia go to smash judiciar

Wulfen HI and kill all retributors (they got too close to draw LOS through ruins)

Aggressor and Wulfen pass morale

I had 2 fight lasts but 1 was useless b/c as soon as i fought he get to use his "frozen" unit in the fight normal stage

Chaplain was picked to swing and hopefully kill a gemini...did 0 wounds

Turn 3
Assault infiltrators use savage strike and kill surviving zephrym

CM kills sacrasant and had to charge celestine as well (to prevent his HI...the trick is charge both then pile in and consolidate AWAY from the scary melee unit...now celestine gets 0 activations.  Can't HI b/c was charged.  Can't activate b/c i'm no longer in engagement range)

In hindsight I should have gone after celestine with CM...I rolled 5 6's to hit LOL

2 repentia survive wulfen but don't hurt me in return...this is bad b/c I don't get objective...no shock assault

I am just out of units on the field at this point and can't do much

Not looking good

His turn

Shoots CM to death
Repentia kill wulfen but I kill 7/8 in return

We call it here and talk through the remaining turns

With Celestine running free in my backfield and failure to secure middle objective last turn I'm in a bad spot

Final & Recap

Spoiler

81-59
SW loss

I made mistakes and had off dice luck but those things happen

Sisters are a hard play...I had 3 separate fight last tricks and they all died a horrible useless death

Major learning point for me here is skyclaws NEED to drop early.  If there is no good target to melta then drop them in position for a turn 3 move/counter assault
I am not using that mobility OR the shooting/melee versatility by dropping out of reserve only

A lesson like that is worth the loss

Deployment.jpg

Turn1A.jpg

Turn1B.jpg

Turn2A.jpg

Turn2B.jpg

Turn3A.jpg

Turn3B.jpg

Final.jpg

Interesting batrep. I wonder if you're not banking too much on the Skyclaws to carry the game for you. Unless I'm mistaken, you plan on using them as AT/Anti-heavy Infantry as well as objective takers/holders and action monkeys. Don't you risk getting forced into bad choices when you need to do two or more of those things with Skyclaws only? I'm just curious to hear your thoughts on the matter and if it would be better to keep 1-2 bare bones squad for objectives and actions while getting a similarly geared units of Wolfguard to do some more heavy lifting.

17 minutes ago, jpwyrm said:

Interesting batrep. I wonder if you're not banking too much on the Skyclaws to carry the game for you. Unless I'm mistaken, you plan on using them as AT/Anti-heavy Infantry as well as objective takers/holders and action monkeys. Don't you risk getting forced into bad choices when you need to do two or more of those things with Skyclaws only? I'm just curious to hear your thoughts on the matter and if it would be better to keep 1-2 bare bones squad for objectives and actions while getting a similarly geared units of Wolfguard to do some more heavy lifting.

I am 100% trying to do too much.  You are basically reading my live fire experiments with the unit.  I dont have time to do practice games etc.

The skyclaws can do RND but i dont think i should make that  priority job.  I need to leave skyclaws free to hunt and kill

WG cant do what skyclaws can...4 melta shots and 2 PF in a 6 man WG unit would cost 194 pts.  Drop it to 5 WG and it is still 171pts.  Sky claws also get 12" reroll range from wulfen

I am thinking deep strike is not a good move either.  limits me to shooting and then a long charge attempt

will be trial and error as i play more.

*I still haven't figured out how to get images in the body of the post yet...if anyone has tips to improve format of these reports please let me know

-Map

-Deployment

-Bottom turn 1 (forgot top of turn 1)

-Top/bottom turns 2-4

-Final score

EthicalHammer3
Round 2 v GK
Tear Down Icons
My Army

Spoiler

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Space Wolves) [106 PL, 2CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Custom Chapter, Space Wolves Successor, Stalwart, Whirlwind of Rage

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

A Trophy Bestowed [-1CP]

Stratagem: Relic of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics

+ HQ +

Librarian in Phobos Armour [5 PL, -1CP, 100pts]: 2. Murderous Hurricane, 5. Storm Caller, Bolt pistol, Camo cloak, Force sword, Frag & Krak grenades, Resolve of the Bear, Rites of War, Smite, Stratagem: Warrior of Legend, The Armour of Russ, Warlord

Librarian in Phobos Armour [6 PL, -1CP, 125pts]: 1. Shoot and Fade, 3) Mind Raid, 5) Tenebrous Curse, 6) Temporal Corridor, Bolt pistol, Camo cloak, Chapter Command: Chief Librarian, Force sword, Frag & Krak grenades, Purgatorus, Smite, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 115pts]
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Thunder hammer

+ Elites +

Wulfen [6 PL, 145pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Skyclaws [8 PL, 148pts]

Skyclaws [8 PL, 148pts]

Skyclaws [8 PL, 148pts]

+ Heavy Support +

. Long Fang Pack Leader: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades

+ Dedicated Transport +

++ Total: [106 PL, 2CP, 2,000pts] ++

His Army

Spoiler

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [108 PL, 4CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Brotherhood: Rapiers

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Relic [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Brotherhood Librarian [6 PL, 105pts]: 4: Purifying Flame, 4: Vortex of Doom
. Nemesis Warding Stave

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, 240pts]: 1: Gate of Infinity, 2: Empyric Amplification, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword, Servant of the Throne, Sigil of Exigence

Kaldor Draigo [9 PL, 180pts]: 1: Gate of Infinity, 3: Sanctuary, 5: Warp Shaping

+ Troops +

Strike Squad [6 PL, 110pts]
. 4x Grey Knight (Sword): 4x Nemesis Force Sword, 4x Storm Bolter
. Grey Knight Justicar
. . Nemesis Force Sword

. Grey Knight Justicar
. . Nemesis Force Sword

. Grey Knight Justicar
. . Nemesis Force Sword

+ Elites +

Brotherhood Apothecary [6 PL, -1CP, 100pts]: 3: Sanctuary, 4: First to the Fray, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord
. Nemesis Force Sword

Paladin Squad [26 PL, 355pts]: 3: Hammerhand, 5: Armoured Resilience
. 3x Paladin (Daemon Hammer): 3x Nemesis Daemon Hammer, 3x Storm Bolter
. 3x Paladin (Sword): 3x Nemesis Force Sword, 3x Storm Bolter
. Paragon
. . Nemesis Daemon Hammer: Nemesis Daemon Hammer

+ Fast Attack +

Interceptor Squad [8 PL, 130pts]
. 4x Interceptor (Sword): 4x Nemesis Force Sword, 4x Storm Bolter
. Interceptor Justicar
. . Nemesis Force Sword

+ Heavy Support +

Nemesis Dreadknight [8 PL, 185pts]: Dreadfist, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword

Nemesis Dreadknight [8 PL, 185pts]: Dreadfist, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword

Nemesis Dreadknight [8 PL, 190pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Incinerator, Nemesis Greatsword

++ Total: [108 PL, 4CP, 2,000pts] ++

Pregame & Deployment

Spoiler

Lots of dreads and characters...glory kills activate!
He can teleport but that is exactly what my double infiltrators are for...so no worries there
1 unit of jump GKs is my primary concern...once those are out of the way I control mobility

Shock tactics
Glory kills
Banners

No prisoners
Psychic interrogation
Engage

We deploy and I put my characters waaaay in the back.  Psychic interrogate NOTHING!!
Sure I can't cast...but I am denying him 3 VP a turn...I'm happy with the trade
He says he is also happy b/c he can cast his powers without me denying.

Skyclaws are spread across my front lines to counter attack whatever comes my way

He puts his assault marines in the far corner and I am surprised but happy.  They pose 0 threat to me now.

My last drops are the infiltrators...I take prime real estate out of LOS and block out a ton of teleport options for him.

I put LF and both terminators in reserve

His interesting choice is to place his paladins in the difficult terrain to start
That dark mass of terrain in the middle is gonna slow him down.  I put my terminators in reserve to avoid getting in a traffic jam

BATREP

Spoiler

I get 1st turn

Raise banners and don't move
Cast SC only
I didn't even take a SS...just add banners to my deployment LOL

His turn
Teleports a dread in my face and uses gate of infinity to bring in #2
I deny his dread smite

Shooting kills 3 wulfen (failed 3/4 4++) and 1 skyclaw
The AOC and light cover prevented most of his small arms fire

Turn 2
I advance infiltrators to middle to zone out anymore teleports and expect them to die

LF drop in for safe shots at dread and no return fire...they are hidden nicely in my home objective building

I drop both terminators bricks in his rear...now he has to decide to come get rid of me or continue pushing to middle

I try to put MH on the dread with a flamer...he denies MH doh

Terminators kill 2 jump marines with bolter fire (he needed 3+ and failed 4)
I kill flamer dread with LFs and pop other for some damage
Skyclaws on left drop dread to 1 wound remaining (max damage baby)
Skyclaws on right whiff with meltas. His close one is fully operational and dangerous...I choose NOT to charge b/c I want to zone out instead of dying to his swing back

Skyclaws on left charge into GK and PF get 4 6's in assault doctrine with savage strike...GK super dead

His turn
First thing he does is run away from my terminators...he advances and goes to the opposite edge of his objective
He has to split his army to chase down terminators and deal with them
He chooses to kill to kill the terminators in the corner...sends his jump marines backwards after them and all his nearby support units as well
Smites...other spells and shooting drop terminators to 4 remaining

Kills 4/6 skyclaws on left with shooting

Charges his librarian and remaining jump marines into terminators in corner
GM charges infiltrators in middle
He starts with the jump marines in the corner...they only kill 1 terminator
I burn final 2 CP and skyclaws on far left interrupt to kill 1 wound dread...this squad has the potential to wipe his home objective if they pass morale...2 meltas and 2 PF remain
The librarian only kills 1 terminator
I have 2 remaining and they pile into the jump marines to escape the librarian's engagement range
CF wipe out the jump squad and I am free to move next turn

Terminators pass morale (woo hoo...lost 6 that was scary roll)
Sky1 fails both and dies
Sky2 fails morale...1 left (doh)

Turn 3
LF steps out for grav to shoot his GK in the rear...if I knock him off I can steal objectives and stop his primary scoring...others have MM shot at his nearby dread
Terminators in corner walk towards his objective and plan to charge
Terminators in his home walk forward and plant a bomb (should have done this last turn...forgot mission secondary)
Solo skyclaw jumps to his home objective and prays for 6's
I decide  to sacrifice my last remaining skyclaw as a speed bump in the middle to keep his GM from moving up and charging LF
I use guerilla on my rites of war RP in case I need obsec on my terminator blob in a future turn

Shooting is a big fail...grav kills 1 GK only
MM kills dread at least
Skyclaw melta kills 1 more (3 remain)

2 corner terminators charge...2 CF models get 4 6's and wipe full GK squad
Skyclaw kills 1 with his PF but dies in return...2 GK remain...doh
Skyclaws put 3 wounds total on GM but he burns his 3++ in the process
1 survives his counter attack and passes morale...big swing!!! 
Now he can't move...nobody is in range to interrogate still and he can't charge LF now

His turn
Smites skyclaw to free up GM to shoot
Wulfen only take 1 wound from shooting
His librarian gates to earn engage points
Draigo makes 9" charge into corner terminators and kills them

Turn 4
LF kill 3 paladins with shooting...last threat remaining just took a big hit

2 surviving wulfen make their charge into GM and fight him through obstacle (2" engagement)
2 6's are enough to kill him ( I was just hoping for 3 wounds to score glory points)
They stay behind the obscuring obstacle and are in great position for turn 5 carnage
No LOS so no smiting or shooting...has to charge or ignore them
Terminators make charge into his 2 GK survivors and the roll is big enough to stretch towards middle objective as well

His turn
He concedes and we talk it out

FINAL & Recap

Spoiler

84-60
SW victory!!!

GK took a big nerf in nephilim...we talked pre game and they can no longer auto score secondary points.  GW closed the loophole on the faction specific things...to purify an objective GK must control it now.  I am happy!

This game was a much better performance for skyclaws.  My opponent said he had no idea they were that insane.  The skyclaws chilling behind LOS had a huge threat projection and the gun/melee combo was great into this GK army

Glad I didn't deepstrike them this game...I may have to make that standard practice 

Shock tactics is a pseudo strangle hold replacement...I think it will be a common pick for my lists.

Banners instead of RND was nice too.  Do 1 action and forget about them and go kill stuff

Glory kills...my favorite buff so far...huge difference in games

Map.jpg

Deployment.jpg

Turn1B.jpg

Turn2A.jpg

Turn2B.jpg

Turn3A.jpg

Turn3B.jpg

Turn4A.jpg

Final.jpg

I forgot to share...I qualified for the TTS invitational tournament

I didn't "earn" the ticket with SW though...was goofing around with custodes when the army was super broken

I earned 1st/2nd/3rd place finishes with custodes

My highest SW finish was 5th out of 21 players

I do like the current SW in nephilim though...I think we  are competitive...not S tier...but competitive

Lists can be found here...I'm taking skyclaws!

https://www.tts40k.com/invitational

Stream is available Sunday 6am PST here...I don't give myself good odds b/c all the clowns save on 4++ are subject to RNG swings but I have a punchers chance to advance

41 minutes ago, Wolf Guard Dan said:

Good things happen when Long Fangs manage to stay alive. Were they so well hidden he didn’t target them or were there just more threats in his face that he never decided to target them?

He couldnt target the LF when i dropped them bc i was inside the building with LOS blocked on most sides.

That was the reason i did NOT charge skyclaws into his dread.  If he wiped me out i leave a hole for teleport and an angle for LOS in LF.

i sacrificed those sky claws and got to keep LF around...good trade.

His only dread with LOS killed 1 LF (the pack leader) with shooting and had to charge skyclaws only.

On my subsequent turn LF wasted the dread and the grav got long range shots on power armor GK.

He ran out of good guns after that and my LF easily passed 2+ storm bolter saves

*added picture for top of turn 2 when LF arrived...most of the terrain had OBSCURING keyword attached so it was REAL hard to lock down long range shots

You see the drop pod bottom right just touching my objective...LFs bailed out top left of that and inside the bldg
The 2 big blobs in the building with them are the wulfen survivors who acted as bodyguards and melee deterrent

he had to go top right of the picture for LOS but the pink skyclaws are there zoning out

Turn2A.jpg

Edited by TiguriusX

16 minutes ago, yan said:

Nice reports again! Tnx. 

have you been tempted to run it pure space wolves? No successor chapter tactics for the extra hit on the skyclaws?

You lose the successor traits and dont gain enough to stay pure SW

I really enjoy whirlwind double exploding 6s army wide

Casan Sabius also gives A+1 as a command phase buff so Skyclaws have the same amount of attacks but 2 successor traits on too when i launch them to attack

32 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

Sabius has w6 and 2+, so he has similar profile and cost as a TDA chapter master, the +1A ability is "free".

The disadvantage is he can't be further enhanced by WLTs and relics, while the "advantage" is you saved CPs. 

He basically has WLT and relic gear without having to use CP

his sword is also good and has Sx2 against vehicles bonus

I liked him before nephilim.  The CP change increased his value IMO

Nephilim encourages special characters. Being able to get abilities on characters for free is great in this CP economy.

Do you have a plan for when you run into some of the new chaos marine tricks? Emperor’s Children and Bile creations do a lot of what we do but better. I don’t know if that should be on a separate thread. But you’re our SW scout who reports back on our place in the meta.