Lost about 2000 posts.

Scribe

OK.. Sounds resolved.

Just to be sure it's not a technical thing.

By purge, did you mean these were manually purged intentionally or the article/posts were yanked out during the Upgrade involuntarily prior to the re-opening of the site?

I am assuming you mean the former -- these are posts that were manually and intentionally pruned out?  Correct?

It was mostly a technical thing, but also manual.

The legacy site had post counts dating back to 2002, including a large amount of content that was lost as the result of a few crashes.

In addition, we manually deleted content over the years (after it became obsolete).

When the conversion took place and we rebuilt the database, only content that remained present was counted. This resulted in many of us, especially those whose accounts dated back to before the crashes, having our post counts adjusted.

When we tested things on the beta site the counts included the content that was lost/deleted, so the density of people in each of the rank levels was different (usually higher). For example, the Venerable Brother rank originally had 37 members when it was set to 10,001+ points. When the initial rebuild was completed, there were 0 members in that group, so I adjusted that group to 2,001+ points (that was the only group that was adjusted).

I personally lost over 7,000 posts (my post count was actually much higher).

Here is the comparison in ranks at the beta site (before content loss - orange) and new site (after content loss - blue):

• Aspirant (0-10 points) 29,116/47,734 (+18,618 members)
  • Novitiate (11-100 points) 14,094/2,386 (-11,708 members)
  • Battle-Brother (101-1,000 points) 6,194/524 (-5,670 members)
  • Veteran (1,001-10,000 points) 1,087/(1,001-2,000 points) 18 (-1,069 members)
  • Venerable Brother (10,001+ points) 37/(2,001+ points) 11 (-26 members)

As a result, the majority of members are 1 or 2 ranks lower than they would have been if all content were still present.