New Books Lore

The Liber Astartes/Hereticus books in particular are dedicated army lists. There're no discussions of "historical" events, no institutional organization, Legion culture, etc.

Now, they do have little background blurbs for the individual units and characters, but as far as I've seen (admittedly, I haven't sat down and gone through line-by-line comparisons), they are all reprints from the previous Big Black Books from Forge World. There doesn't appear to be any totally new lore material in these books.

On 6/30/2022 at 7:49 PM, son of the forest said:

Hi all, can someone let me know if the new Age of Darkness book and the Loyalist/Traitor books are worth purchasing if I'm only iinterested in the lore and already own the black books? 

I was making the same consideration as you.

I did buy the Age of Darkness rulebook. I did not go for the Libers. The reason is that they contain very little lore as it is, just vehicles and units with blurbs, which are nice but are copied from the Black Books. So an unnecessary buy for us.

I got the rulebook but have not read it yet so cant say how much new stuff is in there,but I did watch a youtube flipthrough and it seemed worthwhile to me, also to have all the legions in 1 book.

My main interest is in upcoming campaign books though, ideally Black Book style.

3 hours ago, Taliesin said:

I was making the same consideration as you.

I did buy the Age of Darkness rulebook. I did not go for the Libers. The reason is that they contain very little lore as it is, just vehicles and units with blurbs, which are nice but are copied from the Black Books. So an unnecessary buy for us.

I got the rulebook but have not read it yet so cant say how much new stuff is in there,but I did watch a youtube flipthrough and it seemed worthwhile to me, also to have all the legions in 1 book.

My main interest is in upcoming campaign books though, ideally Black Book style.

Definitely might want to pick the liber book up that corresponds to your legion. More than a few things have changed on the data sheets and rules