DG x DA The Floor is Phosphex

Uberlord Gendo

In working through Eskaton Imperative lists, I realized they have amazing synergy with Creeping Death. I know that's traitor only, but the Dark Angels aren't exactly the sort to hold back when the situation demands it (Tuchulcha, Macragge) and I honestly think if a bunch of loyalist Death Guard teamed up with Dreadwing forces, this would be the result.

The basic idea is that Eskaton Imperative makes no man's land difficult, but doesn't help with Difficult Terrain, and Creeping Death make area terrain dangerous while Death Guard is unaffected by Difficult Terrain. Neither Death Guard nor Dreadwing worry about dangerous terrain and the Dreadwing get +1 to wound people in Dangerous Terrain. As I'm reading it, the Death Guard will have to be the primary detachment.

DG

HQ

Praetor >150

Siege Breaker >120

Deathshroud Retinue (5) 350

Elite

Quad Mortars with Phosphex 240 (since my understanding is that they have to pay for the gun and the shells individually)

Troops

3 Tactical Squad Squads (20 man) 600

HS

Grave Wardens 250

DA

HQ

Delegatus >100

Troops

2 Dreadwing Interemptor Squads (10 man with upgrades) ~250 each >500

HS

Leviathan Dreadnought (With a guns) ~300

Transport Pool

390 points

2 Rhinos 70

Land Raider 220

This comes out to around 2610 points. I'd considered an Inner Circle Cenobium unit, but that came out to 290. I could see swapping the Leviathan for a tank, but I want something in Heavy Support to take advantage of the rerolls against things in Dangerous Terrain. I'm also not sure whether to give the Death Guard Praetor and his Deathshroud Friends a Land Raider. Normally I would, but given the fact that the board is going to be difficult terrain, they'll have a movement advantage. (I could also give them a cheaper pod, but then they stand there for a turn.) The Grave Wardens, being slower, could also get a ride, but I'm thinking they're job is going to be screening a tactical squad. I'd love a way to work a Spartan in, but I don't have the points for it unless you guys see a trade.

Edited by Uberlord Gendo
Checking Points

I think 10 man Interemptor squads are a bit big, 7 or so seems a better bet? 

I'm going to try 8 of them in a scouting / outflanking Proteus Explorator, which I doubt is in any way optimal due to the cost of the transport, but should still be fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you've got a good point- I'd been thinking Land Raiders were the way to go, but smaller Interemptor Squads in Rhinos would give me more points to play with on something nasty to apply forward pressure with.

I'm also cutting the Phosphex Mortars- 80/ is too much given their 24" max, 12" min range. I may try Graviton- they won't be as lethal, but I've got plenty of Phosphex bombs and 36" range is much easier to work with. Other option is putting Grav on Predators. Or just not worrying about making even more dangerous terrain and letting the combination of Eschaton Markers and DG melting terrain handle it.