Missing points

Noserenda

Its a minor thing, but it is a niggle, Ive somehow got exactly 0 points despite doing a LOT of the things said to earn them, which obviously feels like a bug somewhere? 

Your profile reputation is 3.3K

Your homework:  Could you please tell us in what category you have literal "0" points?

The new IPS software settles "points" differently.  IPS = Invision Power Systems,  the software company from which we license this site software.

Reputation based points are accounted for. I looked up your reputation.

What the new IPS software calls "Rank" points are not calculated based on reputation points.

Here's part of your profile:

image.thumb.png.1d63929b725a298769566998fb6049e2.png

Rank-wise it shows as 1.  This is based on metrics calculated under the new SW.   The IPS software does not have readily editable values to pump the "rank points".

The legacy SW from the B&C site was not supported for this upgrade, therefore any legacy metrics or heuristics for "points, ranks, etc." did not and will not translate simply from legacy to current.

We're fortunate at least that the reputation points were re-calculated based on your content and  other factors.

The short version is this:

Rank points won't be adjusted because there is no automated way to adjust them.   @Brother Tyler might have thoughts on manual adjustments but that's a manual process that may (stress: may) not ever be automated.  IPS has been not been forthcoming with me on the schema of the database nor on the details for how these metrics are calculated. 

I could spend days reverse engineering it and still miss something important because of the tangled mess of the schema.  And even if I did manually (in bulk) adjust some points fields, it would be susceptible to the automated tasks that sift through the site every few hours recalculating and then revising what was manually updated.

As far as I recall BroT is still examining the issue with respect to how the Admin Control Panel might allow manual number pumping.   I do not want him to have to manually update 50,000+ users.  Hence the request to IPS for "what is this?" and their response "Sorry, you're not supported."

-sibomots

ps:  We're not supported simply because our Database (legacy) was from an ancient version of IPS.  It's a miracle it even upgraded because of the new IPS software was able to grok at least enough of the legacy DB to establish the new schema with the old data.

Im meaning the rank points, it currently showing they are being recalculated but previously it was showing 1 more point to rank up, which was happening at 1 point at the time, hoping the recalculating squares it up :)