Day of Sorrows list WIP 2.0

So new rules, new legion. Many exciting new projects. 

I have completely fallen in love with the theme of the Day of Sorrows rite of war. The general theme and fluff of the rite is probably my favourite across all the legions. Really capturing the loyalists giving up everything to hold the line. To deny ground for just a little while longer, the last march of those who have consigned themselves to death. Just perfect. 

I am building to 3k as is generally the standard size game in my local area. Iv unfortunately run into a bit of a wall worrying about anti tank or having more marines on the table. 

The list as it stands. 

HQ 

Jump pack preator 

libraian on foot 

Troops 

20 tac marines

15 assault marines 

5 crimson paladins

Elites 

10 Angel tear destroyer’s

contemptor dread with auto cannons

Fast  Attack

2 Javelins las and melta

10 seekers

Heavy support 

10 heavy weapon marines assault cannons

2 preds with assault cannons and heavy bolters  

My current considerations are to bring in some Dawn Breakers though they can’t make use of their deep strike as a retinue for the Preator though I’m sure a command squad could be the better direction  

Veterans with relentless and some power mauls and assault cannons are also tempting as a choice, the extra wound and becoming line when reduced to bellow 50% can make them quite a tempting choice as well. 

Would appreciate any input others have. Hope your all having a great day.

Stray  

• 1 month later...

The challenge limitation makes me think you should definitely use some points to kit out all your Sergeants with Artificer Armor and a good melee weapon.

What discipline/role are you thinking of for the librarian?

I think a key consideration is that any infantry gains Heart of the Legion and Line when below 50%, but also has to charge if they are capable of charging. A big squad of Breachers with an Apothecary would be hell to move off an objective with a 4+ Damage Mitigation and can shoot their bolters to stay still. Heavy Support Squads (unlike Legion Support Squads) don't have Support-type so would benefit from Line.

On 8/7/2022 at 6:26 PM, jaxom said:

Heavy Support Squads (unlike Legion Support Squads) don't have Support-type so would benefit from Line.

I'm not finding the Support/Line interaction you describe here in the Support Squad text or the Line text. What am I missing? 

A unit with this special rule may not be chosen as a compulsory choice for the army as part of the Force Organisation chart

A unit that includes at least one model with the Line sub-type counts as both a Scoring and Denial unit.