vs. Salamanders

In 9th they have similar army building philosophy with us: cherrypick the best marine datasheets and add chapter exclusive upgrades.

They favor melta units, but who don't favor? Every marine player favors melta weapons. Their rules also promote flamer units, but usually you won't see stuff more than 1 unit of aggressors. But they won't receive points-purchased upgrades until new book, so CP becoming more expensive is a blow to them. With relic bearers and high quality named characters, we could be slightly elit-er than them. 

26 minutes ago, Medjugorje said:

hit rerolls in  combination with autowounds hurts them.

they are slow. 

But Suffer not is a too bad vow against infantry army, and sally has plenty of AP-4/-5 meltas, I think BT still need to pick Uphold.

7 hours ago, Viridovix said:

Also, what kind of list do you have?

Helbrecht

Terminator Chaplain /WL
Wise Orator &Tbones; Master of Sanctity

Emperor’s Champion

5x Incursor

Primaris Crusader Squad:
4x Neophyte - shotguns
3x Initiate - auto bolter
2x Initiate - pyre caster
Sword Brother - power axe

Primaris Crusader Squad:
4x Neophyte - bolt pistol & chainsword
3x Initiate - heavy bolt pistol & chainsword
2x Initiate - heavy bolt pistol & power fist

10x assault terminator:
8x stormshield & thunderhammer; 2x lightning claw
Champion of the Feast

5x BGV:
Sword of Justice

Judicar

5x Vanguard Veteran:
3x stormshield & thunderhammer
1x lightning claws
Fist of Balthius

5x Eradicator:
4x melta rifle
1x multi-melta

On 7/3/2022 at 1:43 PM, Tokugawa said:

But Suffer not is a too bad vow against infantry army, and sally has plenty of AP-4/-5 meltas, I think BT still need to pick Uphold.

not as VOW but as Stratagem. And if the plays lots of Eradicators (because they are very strong in Salamanders) 5++ Uphold vow 

or 

AaC because you need AP against MArines.

I just say that we can get easy access to hitrolls and the only thing which does not work against them is that 1 reroll wound strat from dreads and a lieutenant (which we do not often see in our lists anyway) and of course our VV with Claws.  But everything else which usually work still does it against them.

4 hours ago, Black Blow Fly said:

My warlord is a terminator Chaplain.

am sorry, for some reason I only saw Helbrect. 

Also, not related, but if you ever have the time: try this. A squad of ten Sword brethren, two of them Lightning Claw. Give them Bones of Mordred, and buff them with the Psalm of [forgotthename]. In this way, you'll be able to (potentially) put 12 Mortal Wounds to a target unit if you manage to buff this squad with the Chaplain, also because you will be able to reroll any wound roll and also hit rolls of 1 because of Helbrect if he is around.

Edited by Viridovix

1 hour ago, Viridovix said:

am sorry, for some reason I only saw Helbrect. 

Also, not related, but if you ever have the time: try this. A squad of ten Sword brethren, two of them Lightning Claw. Give them Bones of Mordred, and buff them with the Psalm of [forgotthename]. In this way, you'll be able to (potentially) put 12 Mortal Wounds to a target unit if you manage to buff this squad with the Chaplain, also because you will be able to reroll any wound roll and also hit rolls of 1 because of Helbrect if he is around.

even if you have rerolls to hit or the stratagem for expl.6s  the outcome is not even close to 12 MW

4,7  MW for the swords and 1,62 + 2,24 Mortals. capped by 6 means 7,24 ( a bit higher when you take chainswords but far less efficient weapon).

I played Bones of Mordred a lot in my fungames but its not that good. BUT FUNNY

17 minutes ago, Medjugorje said:

even if you have rerolls to hit or the stratagem for expl.6s  the outcome is not even close to 12 MW

4,7  MW for the swords and 1,62 + 2,24 Mortals. capped by 6 means 7,24 ( a bit higher when you take chainswords but far less efficient weapon).

I played Bones of Mordred a lot in my fungames but its not that good. BUT FUNNY

It's capped if you only use the Bones, which say that you can do max 6 MW. But, the Chaplain's Psalm does the same thing. So, you have "two bones" functioning, each one capped to 6! So 6+6.

3 hours ago, Viridovix said:

It's capped if you only use the Bones, which say that you can do max 6 MW. But, the Chaplain's Psalm does the same thing. So, you have "two bones" functioning, each one capped to 6! So 6+6.

no its capped because it says so in the litany. And 6 attacks withouth any reroll means 1 "6" if you hit all 6 attacks - means that even with reroll wounds you dont get 2 on average.

potential 12 but on average a bit more then half of that.