New MKVI as Firstborn Tactical Marines?

ToyShip

Oh I plan on using some as MKVI, but I like mixing bits in to represent ancient, cobbled together, suits of armor like the Badab Wars color plates. 

1 minute ago, lansalt said:

I'm surprised that we've not seen yet the inevitable Crimson Fists beakie armies everywhere

I was actually thinking the same thing. Where are all the Rogue Trader Marine armies at?!

23 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

I started my BA army way back with a box of RTB01 beakies. I am tempted to get a squad just for nostalgia's sake. :smile:

Do it! I wish I was around for those days, I got in at the end of 3rd, but the new sculpts are just so good, I think I need to do an army of them. 

We're planning a Badab War era thing.  It's not exactly a campaign nor anything even using the Crusade Narrative Play rules, but just an understanding that we're using the new Mk VIs in this Firsborn era.  The saddest part is, in reading up the old Imperial Armour books and brainstorming, I'm more likely to use only Terminators or an Inquisition-themed force if the new Imperial Guard Codex is any good.

On 7/3/2022 at 8:47 PM, ToyShip said:

Is anyone using the new Heresy release for Tactical marines in 40k? I've got 20 on the way, printing some MKVII heads and bits, planning on going back to the 40k I love, before Primaris. Anyone else doing the same? Send me inspiration and pictures!

I'm currently working on a 2000pt Demi-Company list using the new MkVI guys, although ironically enough I'm going to be using the new Chaos Codex for them!

(I have a longstanding obsession with Autocannons, so being able to put D2 AP2 versions in my Tactical and Devastator squads was too good to resist!)

I'll put up some pics of my mildly-converted "Command Squad" when I get home later. Turns out it's a lot easier than I thought to remove the sculpted-on hands from the bolters in the AoD set!

image.jpeg

Edited by Anticontrarian

I’ll be using them for a 40k force. Instead of trying to use them for mkVII suits I’ll be keeping them as beakies but adding plenty of purity seals and (possibly) press moulding Aquila’s onto their chests. I also have plans for a relic Contemptor/Leviathan Dreadnaught too. 

On 7/3/2022 at 10:52 PM, Reldn said:

I'm thinking of taking three of the Beakies to represent the characters from Ian Watson's "Space Marine", and a squad of Flesh Eaters has crossed my mind as well.

Lex, Biff and Yeremi were issued Mk7 armour. 

On 7/3/2022 at 1:19 PM, lansalt said:

I'm surprised that we've not seen yet the inevitable Crimson Fists beakie armies everywhere

To be fair, some of us are just slow painters. I'm 100% doing this and it's going to be the most rad army I'll ever own

Someone asked about Rogue Trader armies... Here is part of my Horus Heresy army.

P6270006.JPG

The Rhino and predator were originally for my Space Wolves but I stripped off their 30 year old paint and repainted them for HH. The RTB01s were unpainted from when I bought them in 1990.