Witchbringer novel announced

Could be a good one. Cadian officer experiences onset of psychic powers due to the opening of the Great Rift and later finds herself assigned back to her old regiment as a Psyker.

WarCom Article

EDIT: As @byrd9999 points out down below, this character has already made an appearance in a short story as part of the Inferno series (Volume 3).

Edited by Lord Nord

Always good to see new authors debuting, and an IG psyker focused novel should be fun. ADB, Abnett and Harrison have already done stellar work on the subject, but only as components of larger stories. Kinda bummed it’s featuring the Cadians yet again though. 

19 minutes ago, cheywood said:

Always good to see new authors debuting, and an IG psyker focused novel should be fun. ADB, Abnett and Harrison have already done stellar work on the subject, but only as components of larger stories. Kinda bummed it’s featuring the Cadians yet again though. 

Which Abnett/Harrison novels feature IG psykers? I'd always liked the idea behind IG psykers.

I'm excited for this book. Neat way to tie into the Great Rift storyline

3 minutes ago, sitnam said:

Which Abnett/Harrison novels feature IG psykers? I'd always liked the idea behind IG psykers.

I'm excited for this book. Neat way to tie into the Great Rift storyline

Honourbound has a Guard psyker as one of the main POVs. 

Gaunt’s Ghosts features a psyker plotline across a number of novels, though always as a secondary story. Only In Death is the novel I was thinking of specifically. It has an unconventional and incredibly heart-wrenching plot involving psykers that technically doesn’t get much page time, but hits as hard as anything Abnett’s written in my opinion. I don’t really want to say more for those who haven’t read it.

Nice to see that WarCom continues to post the short interviews/previews for upcoming novels. Hopefully this time this will last more than 2 months. Now only if coming soon page would get the same treatment...

Digging the cover of this one. And the story seems interesting from the blurb we got. 

Stephen B Fischer has 2 Guard short stories in Inferno! vol. 1 and vol. 3. Volume 3 features the same protagonist as the novel, Glavia Aerand. I'll get round to reading it soon.

He has also written some cool things for Nature (yes, the science journal), linked on his blog: https://stevenbfischer.com/

22 hours ago, cheywood said:

Which one was the ADB book again?

2 minutes ago, Taliesin said:

Which one was the ADB book again?

Cadian Blood. Quite good if you haven’t read it. Really makes me want ADB to write more Guard novels. He mentioned in his Reddit AMA a while back that he would’ve liked to create a Guard regiment of his own to play with, but given his schedule I doubt it’s in the cards anytime soon, if ever.