Iron Warriors 3000-3500 Points

bloodraven01

Hi all :)

I need some advice on what I should add to my Iron Warriors collection now that I have around 4000 or so points worth of models.

I am planning to play games of 3000-3500 points

I currently plan to run this list or something very similar:

Rite of War:

The Hammer of Olympia

HQ:

Praetor - Paragon Blade, Warsmith (joins Cataphractii Terminators)

Cataphractii Centurion - Chainfist, Combi-melta, Siege Breaker (joins Tyrant Siege Squad)

Elites:

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (2) - 2X Gravis Bolt Cannon, 2X Gravis Lascannon, 2X Havoc Launcher

Cataphractii Terminators (10) - 2X Reaper Autocannon

Land Raider Spartan - Flare Shield, Searchlights, Twin-linked Lascannon

Troops:

Tactical Squad (10) - 10X Shrapnel Bolters, Vexilla

Heavy Support:

Tyrant Siege Squad (10)

Kratos Battle Tank - Flare Shield, Searchlight, Lascannon Sponsons, Hull-mounted Autocannons

Kratos Battle Tank - Flare Shield, Searchlight, Lascannon Sponsons, Hull-mounted Autocannons

I also have 20 tactical marines that I plan to build with a mix of rotor cannons and missile launchers for some support and heavy support squads, and three rapier mortars that could be swapped into the list. I also have a chaplain consul and a second praetor.

I feel like some rhinos to protect the infantry would be helpful, but they are currently out of stock everywhere.

Any advice would be massively appreciated, thanks! :)

Seems like a pretty solid list!

I believe the shorter range due to the Shrapnel Boltguns, as well as the loss of our morale boost against shooting, means Rhinos are a must this edition for us Iron Warriors players.

A Rotor Cannon Support Squadseems like good idea, since it will help pin enemy units in place while your tacticals move forward.

list is realy straight forward. i would never equip the contemptor with double shooting. they are so good with fist or chain. 

rhinos in this list are a must have. everything Else is contemptor or vehicle so the opponent must choose wisely what he wants to shoot at.

Harald for line for one of the catas could be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely agree with the sentiment that you should have at least one fist for your dread, they are more or less the best melee in the faction and I would recommend you use them to break up enemy assault Terminators. 

One last point is that I have mixed feelings about the tyrant siege terminators riding in a land raider. Unless you plan to use it as a form of glorified forward deployment because they are a unit that wants to be out in the open shooting both on its turn and in reaction.