Detail levels/smoothness in 3D printing

I'm greatly interested in 3D printing, specifically in designing my own models to print (and hopefully share with the hobbysphere). I don't have a printer just yet, but I'm saving my money in the hopes of being able to acquire a good one- aiming for an Elegoo Saturn, unless anyone has any better recommendations.
Anyway, whilst I can't actually print anything yet, I do have Blender and a Wacom Cintiq pen display, and have been working on practicing 3D modelling. Recently I produced what I'd consider to be the first wholly original model I'm actually proud of- an alternate head for a Tyranid Warrior.

Spoiler

za5m5CX.png

L7YiWiy.png

HeBhmVc.png

57yQ9Bf.png

uirAYep.png

(For a sense of scale, the neck joint indent is 3mm in diameter to fit on a Warrior body)
Now, I have to say that for a relative novice I'm actually disproportionately proud of this. Sure it's a bit rough in spots but I feel like I managed to make it look unique and nicely detailed without falling into the trap of many 3D printed miniatures of going completely overboard with spikes and greebles. However, as I am a complete novice with 3D printing I am slightly concerned over whether the detail resolution is high enough. I used the Remesh command to the best of my abilities to avoid it looking chunky, but if you look up close at the mouth you can see the teeth are a touch on the crusty side.

Spoiler

zksiFIV.png

However, that said, I'm also worried about working too hard to remove every last imperfection, as being as this is a Warrior head the details are pretty tiny, and I genuinely don't know if the roughness will even be visible in the final printed product.

So TLDR: Putting aside any minor undiscovered booboos/sculpting errors that need fixing (and of course the slicing, which I can't do until I get a printer anyway) would this be OK for printing, or would I need to smooth the rough spots out further?

Due to the way that Resin Printers print, I cannot see a way to orientate and support the model in such a way to get the teeth to print without them being ruined with supports. Splitting the lower jaw into a second piece would make the most sense.

In regards to the detail level, a correctly calibrated printer like the Saturn will have no trouble smashing a model like this out of the park. 

Edited by Grotsmasha

Thanks! And yeah, that would probably be a good idea. Now I just have to work out how to do that in Blender- I know how to do so with low-poly models but with something as high-detail as this, it'll be, uh, interesting? But that's very reassuring anyway. I did cross-reference it with models people had shared and successfully printed and they actually seemed a bit "chunkier" than this, so presumably at this scale the facets are a complete non-issue for printing. As mentioned, despite understanding the basic principles behind resin printers pretty well, I've never actually used one so I was worried that every single microscopic imperfection in the model would be replicated, leaving me with a Warrior from Hive Fleet PS1 FMV Cutscene (singlehandedly responsible for destroying the Imperium's entire holo-game entertainment industry) but if the models I downloaded (and have seen printed by other hobbyists) are anything to go by I may have been overly paranoid.

I would suggest you join the Horus Heresy Discord Server fr Codewalruss.

You can find a link in the Age of Darkness subforum.

There are alot of people designing and printing stuff for the Warhammer scale.

There you should find alot of help for any question.

• 3 weeks later...

So update: I realize I've been going WAY overboard with poly density! I had initially planned on sculpting a Hierophant, started from the head an ended up with a PC-sweating 6 million polygons! Some advice from various sources got it down to like, barely 100K, and comparing it with the other 3D printed biotitan available (which I know is good as a friend printed the file) it has a similar detail density. Still needs a tongue, a proper neck joint and some general cleanup but anyway...

YKKLnJo.png

XXWPwYn.png

Sf5GAR5.png