New Codex, new lists? 2x8 Zerks as standard?

Dr. Clock

I dunno about y'all, but Berzerkers feel just fine to me...

Ran 2x8 Zerks with 2 Accursed mobs (10+3 each), 2 cultist mobs (10+15), 6 Possessed, 5 Raptors, 2 Maulerfiends, Defiler, True Berzerker Discordant with Zaall, Dark Apostle, Helbrute, Rhino.

Tempest of War, scored No prisoners (remove 30w worth of models) and Blood and Guts (kill 3 units in assault) in turn 2 by a good margin lol.

Rhino squad connected with and buzz-sawed 2x8 sisters, 6 arco-flagellants and then soaked Celestine and even put a couple wounds on her and killed the Geminae before dying. Other squad Frenzy moved forward on opposite flank and just capped an Objective before spiking a charge on to surviving Retributors. Possessed and Torments curb stomped the centre push of 3 Paragons, Canonness and 5 Sacresancts.

Discordant Lord with Zaall nukes a Rhino just looking at it, pretty much.

Accursed mobs are my jam too until proper Beastmen come out; right now using a mix of Goliaths, Corpsegrinders, and the Blackstone Beastmen, with Goliath Brutes and few fantasy minotaurs as Torments.

I know it's no fight twice, but the Berzerker rules are quite fun already in the CSM book from what I can tell. 

Curious what other pplz lists are looking like right now!

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

Berzerkers are amazing, IMHO. I took 3x8 in rhinos, backed by a brick of Black Rune Terminators (boosted by an illusory Dark Apostle) last week. Terminators walked up the middle and forced the enemy to scatter to the flanks. Two berzerker squads led the charge, while the third acted as a kind of reserve unit.

I found that third unit to be absolutely amazing. They were able to shore up one of my flanks while the Terminators cleared the middle.

I like that Lord Discordant combo, too.