Good Chaplain Loadouts?

Maggotlord

I have to admit I have really fallen in love with the Chaplain on bike lately so that is my default loadout.

However if the Jump Pack is your preferred option, the first thing I would add is an Inferno pistol. The ability to squeeze off an extra melta shot from a unit you know will be close to the enemy is golden and can take even heavy targets by surprise.

With the changes to Command Points in Nelphilim, I would advise thinking carefully about Relics and WLTs. What job do you want your Chaplain to do? If you are taking him for his Litanies then Master of Sanctity with Wise Orator is worth considering. Chanting 2 Litanies on a 2+ rather than 1 on a 3+ significantly boosts his utility. If you have lots of other fast units for the Chaplain to support (Jump Units, bikers etc) then Rites of War is worth considering as the ability to give ObjSec to nearby units can be handing for capturing hotly-contested Objectives.

I am not completely sold on the Relic Crozius as I don't know if it is enough of an upgrade over the standard Crozius to be worth the Relic slot. You can always use Mantra of Strength if you wish to boost his melee output. Defensive Relics are worth a look. Artificer Armour is good and Armour Indomitus is even better as the combination of a 2+ save and Armour of Contempt makes for a pretty durable Character.

All mine are kept simple, with options to magnetise if need be. Imo, it all depends on how you wish to use the model. Almost all the Chaplains we have access to have been discussed in the Unit of the Week series if that's of any use:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342247-blood-angels-unit-of-the-week-database/

17 hours ago, Jolemai said:

All mine are kept simple, with options to magnetise if need be. Imo, it all depends on how you wish to use the model. Almost all the Chaplains we have access to have been discussed in the Unit of the Week series if that's of any use:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342247-blood-angels-unit-of-the-week-database/

Thanks for the link, I couldn´t find it.

18 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I have to admit I have really fallen in love with the Chaplain on bike lately so that is my default loadout.

Do you mean the Primaris one?

However if the Jump Pack is your preferred option, the first thing I would add is an Inferno pistol. The ability to squeeze off an extra melta shot from a unit you know will be close to the enemy is golden and can take even heavy targets by surprise.

Nice advice. Thanks.

With the changes to Command Points in Nelphilim, I would advise thinking carefully about Relics and WLTs.

I actually play only Crusade games, ie I do not fear the Nephilim battle pack. ;)

16 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

The AoD chaplain is THE chaplain imho so bolter and crozius 

What does AoD mean?

I've had fun with a Master of Sanctity, with the relic only they can take, supporting Reivers and some assault marines. Add Rites of War as a WT, and enjoy snatching objectives and screwing over leadership. Popping the Terror Troops strat can nab well-held objectives, while the re-deepstriking strats let you do it twice, if you do that last one take a second deepstriking HQ to help them out.

Weirdly, for this build I prefer flamers on the assault marines, to maximise anti-infantry shooting and really score for the LD shenanigans that the Chap and Reivers can do, but meltas are good for taking out enemy leaders. I've found that this set up synergises well with Eliminators for that reason, as well as heavy-duty anti-armour that can keep in range like Lascannon devastators or melta-toting deepstrikers.

It isn't especially competitive, but can catch people offguard. Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, Maggotlord said:
22 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Do you mean the Primaris one?

Yes, sorry I should have clarified. He is incredibly fast and tanky and you can make some really fun builds with him. At this risk of going off-topic, I like Armour Indomitus, Gift of Foresight and use Artisan of War to give him an Adamantium Mantle. You get an 8W T5 Character wit Armour of Contempt and a 2+/4++/5+++ (as well as a once-per-game 3++ for a phase). He also gets free rerolls making him incredible hard to kill.

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, appiah5 said:

Crozious & Power Fist for me because nothing is more badass than a man in a skull mask rushing at you with a club in one hand and a boxing glove in the other.

Screams "Angry Marines " right at your face :biggrin:
Which is great obviously!