Rogue Trader Word Bearers colors

Mike8404

I'm interested in building a Word Bearers army for 30k/9th Edition, but I don't want another red army.  I can't find pics of them from Rogue Trader or Second Edition, does anyone know where I can find these pics or if they exist?

All they got in Rogue Trader was part of a heraldry page with some artwork of their banner (a book with a serpent-dragon burrowing through the pages) along with three shoulder pads.  2 were black with flames on the trim, and the last was just black with the star of chaos.  This appeared in Slaves to Darkness.

When 2nd edition came around, their first painted models were dark red you see today.  I am not sure if they may have appeared in a White Dwarf before that.

The original art from Slaves to Darkness was re-published in the Index Chaotica, it's about midway down the page.

https://www.ozdestro.com/beardy-hammer-blog/chaotica-apocrypha-review-good-bad-or-chaotic-neutral

On 7/13/2022 at 2:13 AM, Xenith said:

Pre-heresy Word Bearer colours aren't too hard t find - I did a quick google search which turned up this image from the Black Books. The Original Index Astartes article below that has them in more a black colour. I'd say any mid to dark grey tone would work. 

Reveal hidden contents

What colors are Pre-Heresy Word Bearers? - + AGE OF DARKNESS + | The horus  heresy, Bearer, Warhammer 40k artwork

wb_m1_preheresy.jpg

This is exactly what I was looking for.  I want a "shattered force" (I know there's no rules for them right now) of the OG Khorne Legions from the RT days.  Black Word Bearers would look sick with the Night Lords and World Eaters