Fire Raptor Gunship
4x Hellstrikes, Gravis ACs, Prey Sight
[330]

Primarch:
Konrad Curze
[450]

[2999]

[Old rundown, still mostly applies]

The list leans into the Night Fighting and Infiltration to get into optimal positions. There are two squads of Assault Marines that will move up with my killy dudes - Curze and the Praetor. Both have Apothecaries for FNP to add to their longevity. Bulky units to tap into Talent for Murder. Big Night Raptor bomb with an Apothecary - this unit goes out to kill MEQ dead, but with Rending, TFM, and Shred it can possibly do some harm to TEQ even. For the price, I'd hope so! It is a unit I am iffy about honestly. Volkite Squad for weight of fire - doing what Terror Squads always did. The new players are the Rotor squads, which will help with pinning down units to limit Reactions (plus it might kill stuff even). These are really to help facilitate my melee units getting into melee on their terms. Infiltrating the units makes sure I can get them in ideally solid positions with good firing lanes. Kraken Lightning hasn't changed in role from 1.0, still there to help nuke armor. Same with the Fire Raptor, which once it tosses the HSMs can go hunting light armor and MEQ with the Avenger.

It is technically only like 70 75 dudes plus a pair of flyers and a Primarch. Not a whole ton of bodies compared to some Legions, but it seems like there is a lot of potential here.

[Update]
Added Vigilator because they seem real darn good. Another layer of pinning and sniping. All the other things are trimmed down to be more efficient than my first list.

Thoughts? Ideas? Obvious rules flubs?

Edited by oldhat
Revisions!

I like the size on the jump pack squads. I think you can mix weapons on the Terror Squads, though- 8 is overkill if your goal is to cause pinning.  I remember doing some calculations and getting 4 as a good number. I think 5 may even give you a decent shot at pinning 2+, but don't hold me to that.

I'm curious to see how it works out.

11 minutes ago, Uberlord Gendo said:

I like the size on the jump pack squads. I think you can mix weapons on the Terror Squads, though- 8 is overkill if your goal is to cause pinning.  I remember doing some calculations and getting 4 as a good number. I think 5 may even give you a decent shot at pinning 2+, but don't hold me to that.

I'm curious to see how it works out.

See, I never ran the numbers. I just kinda went with what felt right. I am sure the list could use some optimization. On top of that, gotta find points for Prey Sight on the flyers that I spaced on. I am currently in the process of getting Lightning Claws because who had those just ready for 2.0? So it may be a bit before I am up and running.