Time for a second phase?

Ulfast

I love our evil drukhari but I think Gw need to do more for us. With that I mean that we are one of few armies (together with our cousin, the eldar) that still got plenty of finecast models. We need them replaced with new plastic model and updated design. Look what they did with incubi, they became great! I want more of that.

Also, when they did release our codex we didn´t get any new units. Almost every codex in 9:ed got something new (even if it´s only a new HQ) but we are one of the few (perhaps only?) that didn´t get any new unit. I think it would be fun for the whole community if our army got at least one (or more) new units. Or what do you other drukhari players think? 

GW do seem to slowly be removing Finecast from the ranges (good riddance). As you've noted, Drukhari and Craftworlds are probably the two worst offenders for the amount of Finecast left in their ranges. Craftworld have 11 and Drukhari, at current time of viewing, have had all of their finecast units removed from the site. I'm not sure if that's just their filters being funny but Drukhari only have 23 listed units which are all only plastic. Very odd!

You are totally right. I actually have missed that. GW no longer sell any of our "finecast" miniatures. That´s intersting. Because of the whole "Chapterhouse inccident", I wonder how GW will act with this? Because my understandning was that they have to have miniatures to sell otherwise it´s ok for other companies to go in and sell there minatures without Gw can do anything about it. But I could be wrong? Perhaps someone else knows more about this issue?

In anyway, strange to have at least 5-6 units that players can no longer buy but have in there codex. I would love some grotsque (propably selled worng) in plastic!

On 7/12/2022 at 8:05 AM, Ulfast said:

Also, when they did release our codex we didn´t get any new units. Almost every codex in 9:ed got something new (even if it´s only a new HQ) but we are one of the few (perhaps only?) that didn´t get any new unit.

This just isn't true. Drukhari got a new Lelith model which puts them on par with Tau who just got an updated Darkstrider and Grey Knights who got Castellan Crowe and ahead of Imperial Knights who got literally nothing. Genestealer Cult, Custodes, Death Guard, Adeptus Mechanicus and Thousand Sons also got single characters who just happen to be new. Technically Chaos marines have also gotten nothing at present and Admech got a big wave that wasn't in the Codex yet.

You are right Closet skeleton, we got a new Lelith model.

But I was thinking that we got no new unit. Lelith we allready had with both model and rules. I was thinking that we need something completly new, to spice up our codex and bring new tactics. As I also play GSC I think the sabetour was a great model and gave a new intersting option to use. We need something similiar. Why not a new kind of ravager like unit, or some new monster, or perhaps duel reaver bikes, a new HQ, etc. Together with replacing all finecast with plastic models ofc. 

It's equally a matter of praise and frustration that GW extend their miniature lines as long as they do.

The current "Drukhari" range (2010 - current) which is still considered new by many GW hobbyists has been in distribution now for as long as the 3rd ed "Dark Eldar" range was that it superceded (1998 - 2010). 

Edited by 2PlusEasy

On 7/21/2022 at 9:05 PM, 2PlusEasy said:

The current "Drukhari" range (2010 - current) which is still considered new by many GW hobbyists has been in distribution now for as long as the 3rd ed "Dark Eldar" range was that it superceded (1998 - 2010). 

:ohmy: Like how T'au have been in 40k longer than they have not been in 40k.

I'd hope that DE will get an update next year, though what's really missing other than the beast and court of the archon? Mandrakes? (Not a DE player).

Personally, I’m really hoping for a major release soon, expanding our mini-factions so that we’ve got more than 1 or 2 units for each subfaction in each slot. 
We’re currently in this weird halfway point where we’re regarded as 1 army, but rules-wise we’re regarded as 3 separate ones that work together. Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus at least got fully merged, we’re still stuck in this weird “want to play a Wych Cult? Enjoy having no Heavy Support, unless you either bring a whole ‘allied’ Detachment along, or lose your Obsessions”. 

Even if it’s more mercenary units, just something to make us not feel like 3 mini-dexes taped together. 

Mandrakes would certainly be nice, as would beasts, Court and Grotesques in plastic. I'm not holding my breath, tho... With Craftworlds still relatively recent, and the Corsairs 'technically' being a Drukhari release, I would be quite surprised to see any new Drukhari in 2023.

Having already come up with conversions for all of those units also means that I'm more likely to buy big on 'actual new units'. Though indeed some or all of the above might be in the pipe for 10th Ed., now there's rumours of Exodites so I'd mostly rather just have that tbh. I think GW can do them more or less in the Harlequins vein of 'easy patrol add-on' without trying to do create a whole new 'full roster of 16+ units'. The 'adding a free Patrol' is the kind of thing I actually find really fun about Drukhari and Eldar generally, and from a business perspective a splash of Exodites ends up being meaningful to a larger cross-section of players (anyone with an existing Eldar collection).

Same thing kinda goes for Corsairs. They're definitely a dangling thread right now just from sheer lack of units, and Ynnari almost works for a 'collection of random Anhrathe', except you can't even take Corsairs in Ynnari?? Okay...

It'd be super nifty to just let basically anything piloted by guardians (short of artillery) swap in the Anhrathe keyword and ability for Craftworld and then act as another Patrol option for a Realspace Raid. Not hard to homebrew either tbh, so might give it a whirl that way.

In sum, we live in hope, but 2024 seems like the absolute earliest we'll see an actual wave of Drukhari as such. In the meantime there are alot of nifty and recent elf weirdos in AoS that can be pilfered for things that haven't shown up in plastic for 40k yet.

The transition to 10th Ed. is the biggest question mark right now tbh; we've had so many codexes be 'single character and little else' that I'd applaud a return to a slower Codex rollout if it means more factions get proper line updates when they get new rules. If 10th is another hard rules reset I'll be a little cheesed tbh; this is the first time in a good few editions that I actually bought most of the codexes, so it'd be nice to get some more use out of those books and not have them all deep sixed next summer.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

I think you are right. It will take time before we get something but GW. But we all must agree that GW need to boost our range with more models and even some new units. We cant contuie to have Failcast for must of our units. And now we dobt even has those to order.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a longshot, but what's the chances GW uses Kill Team to renew some old Drukhari sculpts. We've seen it twice already with Kroot and Kommandos. 

A Kabalite squad with a Trueborn upgrade, plus plastic Sslyth/Ur-Ghul/etc perhaps?

Edited by sitnam

Trueborn, Bloodbride and Haemoxocyte Kill Teams would be sweet, even if they were just achieved via upgrade sprue.

The Court is on one hand, exactly what a Kill Team should be, but on the other hand, limited by it's need for an Archon to justify its presence.

Mandrakes could also become a KT, or be re-released in plastic.

I think the model that most needs reworked in plastic is the grotesque- hopefully in boxes of three.

And of course, I want Vect for the centerpiece.

I don't see Kabalites, Wyches or Wracks getting a new kit anytime soon but I could see them getting an upgrade sprue similar to Incursors or Tau. I'd imagine that it would be a few extra bits that let you add more variation to the upgraded versions, although I can't see them doing all 3 of them in Killteam.

I had a thought about how the beasts would be a very cool (if whacky) Killteam. You'd have a Beastmaster as the leader on their board, a few Razorwing flocks, a couple of Khymerea, a Clawed Fiend or two and maybe a couple of other beasts. That could be pretty cool!

• 5 weeks later...

What we need is Warhammer quest : the Dark City ( or even better WHQ Escape from Commoragh, including a homage coverart ;)) a Majority of the drukhari things missing in plastic are ideal for such a game, and its a more profitable way of putting them out for GW themselves. and besides the direly needed replacement of commorite finecasts, commoragh ( and "surroundings" ) is the perfect setting for some other new things, even when not from the drukhari armylist.

and then like with the cursed city, piggyback some general releases to it; centrepiece Vect in his dais not least of all. and a multipart Archon in the same vein as the new multipart autarch.

• 8 months later...